Texas Fishing Forum

Getting more power....

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Getting more power.... - 10/23/17 12:57 PM

Getting more POWER on my Pontoon. A few things I have learned about fishing on a pontoon. One it's the best, most comfortable boat I have ever fished on. Two, it sits on top of the water like an empty beer can. Wind can be a problem.

To help with this problem I'm getting a new 36V, Xi5, 105# trolling motor from Shut-up-and-fish today.

I fished Tues., Thurs., Friday, & Sunday mornings on Lewisville. Fish are all over the brush-piles. Averaged around 7 Keeper fish per hour fished each time. As usual you will catch 5-6 non keepers for each keeper you boat.

On two of the days I ran all over the North end of the lake. The other days I never got more than 1/2 mile from the marina. Caught the same amount of fish each day. (Wonder why I wasted so much gas) hmmm

Fish definitely preferred light colored large baits. (2.5"-3")
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/23/17 01:18 PM

Congratulations on the new trolling motor. Hope you will be pleased with it. Good fishing report too.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/23/17 02:45 PM

clap
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/23/17 07:03 PM

hang some old window sashes off the corners into the water when the wind is blowing.

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/23/17 11:19 PM

Picked the new motor up this afternoon. Weather permitting I will install it tomorrow.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/24/17 02:00 AM

Good to see you today Ernest. You are practically giving the other motor away over in the classifieds. Great deal!

Re: Getting more power.... - 10/26/17 03:06 AM

I FISHED TODAY USING THE NEW TROLLING MOTOR. Worked great but there was no wind. Should be better on windy days.

Fished for 3 hours, caught 60 fish with 15 keepers. All fish were black crappie and the largest was only 12", most 10.5"-11". Big whites were absent today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum