Texas Fishing Forum

3N | Palestine Report

Posted By: Three Nails Guide

3N | Palestine Report - 10/20/17 02:34 AM

Last week was a short week with pre-fishing for the Crappie Anglers of Texas Lake Palestine State Championship.

Monday on Lake Tawakoni was Mr. & Mrs Lindley from Houston. They were on vacation in East Texas camping and wanted to get on some crappie.

So we hit the water... Fishing was a little slower today. But we managed 30 fat slabs before the wind got up.

Happy Anniversary guys. And thanks for wanting to spend it with me.

Wednesday was Todd and his son Jimmy. These guys drove from the other side of Shreveport, Louisiana to fish with me.

The thing that stuck out with these two is the great relationship they have and the love of fishing they both share.

We pulled up on one pile were Jimmy was slinging them in as fast as I could unhook them. I can never say it enough take a kid fishing!

They ended the day with 40 crappie!

Fish caught on BoneHead Tackle Stump Bugs | Night Stick and Palestine Special

Palestine Report

Palestine has been very difficult lately. Lake is turning over. Good news I think it's on the tail end of it. We have been catching fish from 8'-20'. Palestine fall bite what I consider to me is is not there yet. There are a lot of fish on standing timber right now that just don't want to bite. We have been fishing a lot slower lately. Been holding the bait still and just moving the boat around slowly seems to get more bites that way. Water temp is 72-74. If the water temp will stay the same for a week or two I believe I the bite will get a lot better.

If this cool weather is giving you the itch to feel the thump, give me a call.

Mark
3N | Three Nails Guide
threenailsguide.com
903-275-4712
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 3N | Palestine Report - 10/20/17 12:22 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: 3N | Palestine Report - 10/21/17 07:53 PM

Come on now,save a few,lo!
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: 3N | Palestine Report - 10/22/17 02:33 AM

nice pics. whats the lake temp at palestine. have you fished Murvaul lately.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum