Texas Fishing Forum

Bead Counters

Posted By: crope1

Bead Counters - 10/18/17 10:58 AM

Need help with learning how to add the alligator clip to the end of the cord.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Bead Counters - 10/18/17 01:47 PM

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESXW5NA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get you a pack of these. No bead Counter needed. grin

No weight to them...they are plastic and work great.

Highly recommend them Robert!
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Bead Counters - 10/18/17 04:50 PM

Go pick up some alligator clips from Walmart or an auto parts store. They just "crimp on", pretty self explanatory (just put the cord in the end and crimp with pliers thumb).

Re: Bead Counters - 10/19/17 02:10 AM

Otay! Thanks for tip lil pistol,and thank you Hogon!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Bead Counters - 10/19/17 04:04 PM

Put some shrink tubing on the paracord, crimp it on, and then use the shrink tubing over it for a cleaner look.

Re: Bead Counters - 10/20/17 05:00 AM

Thank you!
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Bead Counters - 10/23/17 02:53 PM

I used a carabiner. Can clip it to just about anything:

Re: Bead Counters - 10/31/17 05:14 PM

now that's different....that gives me an idea,Thanks Brian!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Bead Counters - 11/01/17 04:27 PM

Thanks for the tip. Just got one coming. I can remember getting to the dock once at Ray Roberts with what a thought was a 25 sand bass limit, only to discover as I was taking them off the stringer and putting them in the ice chest I had 28. Could have been a bad day with a game warden there.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bead Counters - 11/01/17 04:56 PM

I’m gonna try my hand at building myself one.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/01/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I’m gonna try my hand at building myself one.

I built the one above myself...not that tough. There are several YouTube videos out there. I put a different color every 5th bead...makes it quicker to count them up wink

Re: Bead Counters - 11/05/17 01:16 AM

Alrighty then!
Originally Posted By: REDGUN
Go pick up some alligator clips from Walmart or an auto parts store. They just "crimp on", pretty self explanatory (just put the cord in the end and crimp with pliers thumb).
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Bead Counters - 11/06/17 12:40 PM

Golfing bead counter is very convient as it is shorter, 10 beads. Count to one end and reverse. After the last thump stow it! $5.00

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/maxfli-bead-counter-w14mxflbeadcntr/w14mxflbeadcntr
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Bead Counters - 11/06/17 09:09 PM

Thanks for the idea Duck_Jerky. I put together 2 in about 30 minutes. Much easier with the snap than with an alligator clip. Got the snaps at WalMart, 2 for $1.97. I made a few with the alligator clip and have broken a bead or two on them. These will be much easier to replace a bead that breaks, if so inclined.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/06/17 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: RODS454
Thanks for the idea Duck_Jerky. I put together 2 in about 30 minutes. Much easier with the snap than with an alligator clip. Got the snaps at WalMart, 2 for $1.97. I made a few with the alligator clip and have broken a bead or two on them. These will be much easier to replace a bead that breaks, if so inclined.

Looks good. I did not even tie the knot at the bottom of mine...I just pull the bead down within about 1" of the end wink
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Bead Counters - 11/07/17 11:39 AM

made these in an hour. i used shoe strings as parachute cord was too thick.
Posted By: Part-Timer

Re: Bead Counters - 11/07/17 11:59 AM

Those look great! What size para cord do you use on these?
Posted By: daman

Re: Bead Counters - 11/07/17 12:47 PM

those look great

Re: Bead Counters - 11/07/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Part-Timer
Those look great! What size para cord do you use on these?

I used the smaller para cord, but ended up having to pull the middle cords out of it, so that it would fit...took some time though. I melted the ends and made a pointed end to help get them through, and needed an opened up paperclip to push the 2nd one through each side.
Posted By: Part-Timer

Re: Bead Counters - 11/08/17 06:24 PM

Thank you, Duck_Jerky.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/08/17 06:25 PM

What size beads and holes are y’all using to make these? What string?

Re: Bead Counters - 11/08/17 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
What size beads and holes are y’all using to make these? What string?

I just bought beads from craft section at Walmart, and used smaller paracord...but had to take the inside threads out to get them to fit.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/08/17 07:28 PM

I tried 12mm wooden beads with 3mm holes and the smallest paracord available. Hole and bead too small, sent them back. Trying 18mm wooden elongated beads with 5mm hole next time.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/08/17 08:38 PM

I bought these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Horizon-Group-USA-Neon-Mix-Pony-Beads-6pk/46691436
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Bead Counters - 11/10/17 11:48 AM

bought beads at Walmart and used reg 4' boot laces. the plastic ends on the strings made it easy to push 2 through the beads. then tie knot cut off 1 plastic and put the other in the alligator clip and crimp.

Re: Bead Counters - 11/10/17 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: hawghoover
bought beads at Walmart and used reg 4' boot laces. the plastic ends on the strings made it easy to push 2 through the beads. then tie knot cut off 1 plastic and put the other in the alligator clip and crimp.

Bingo!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum