Texas Fishing Forum

Micro SD card problem on Helix 7

Posted By: deepfried

Micro SD card problem on Helix 7 - 10/16/17 12:16 AM

Recently purchased a new Helix 7 SI.
When I eject the micro SD card, I find it nearly impossible to pull it out.
I always wind up using some tweezers or a knife blade to get it out.
Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my fat fingers?

Thanks,
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Micro SD card problem on Helix 7 - 10/16/17 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: deepfried
Recently purchased a new Helix 7 SI. When I eject the micro SD card, I find it nearly impossible to pull it out. I always wind up using some tweezers or a knife blade to get it out. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my fat fingers? Thanks

I have the same problem with my Helix 5 SI but I normally use a corner edge of the Helix's micro SD card cover to both push the SD card all the way in to seat it and also to eject the SD card.

Once the SD card has been ejected I use the corner edge to push lightly down on the little bit of card sticking out and pull enough of the card out so I can then use my whatever finger has the longest nail to finish pulling the card out.

I would imagine if I had smaller fingers I would not have to do it that way but my technique works well for me since I have to either take the SD card slot cover off or on anyway.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Micro SD card problem on Helix 7 - 10/16/17 11:08 AM

Micro SD cards are fine for some things, but not in the marine environment. Wish they would go back to a standard card just for the handling on the water aspect.
Posted By: jbaker33

Re: Micro SD card problem on Helix 7 - 10/17/17 12:48 PM

Helix only have a slot for micor sd and not for normal sd cards?
Posted By: deepfried

Re: Micro SD card problem on Helix 7 - 10/19/17 12:45 AM

I agree Gamblinman. The standard cards are a lot easier to hold onto!
Yeah my Helix only takes the tiny ones.
Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum