Texas Fishing Forum

Big Brother "hinted"..

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Big Brother "hinted".. - 10/09/17 02:17 AM

My oldest brother "hinted" that he wanted to see what this crappie fishing was about. So, I used it as an excuse to go this afternoon. He lives in Rockport and has been recovering from "Harvey" and hasn't had much time to go fishing. Kaitlynn came home last night for "Bootfest" here in Victoria. After she and I went to church she had to get back to San Marcos for work. Blake and I headed to the lake and started fishing just a little before 2. Our first stop yielded a few fish but nothing special. I made a move to a brush pile that had produced some quality fish over the summer. We started catching immediately, just no really big fish but the action was steady for about an hour. Moved to another pile and it was on fire for about 30 minutes then they turned off of the vertical jigging. I decided to start pitching the jig and letting it swing and they started hammering the jig again. We ended the day with 35 in the box at 5 o'clock and were headed in. Fish were again in 17-22FOW and suspended at 12ft. Water temp is still in the upper 80's to low 90's (Power Plant Lake). Preferred jigs were Constant Pursuit Thump Chubbies in Monkey Milk and the Key Lime Green (Not sure what color Lane calls it).

Posted By: RWCAT

Re: Big Brother "hinted".. - 10/09/17 12:59 PM

thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Big Brother "hinted".. - 10/09/17 04:49 PM

clap
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Big Brother "hinted".. - 10/10/17 01:53 AM

Nice haul. Good job. thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Big Brother "hinted".. - 10/10/17 03:11 AM

EXCELLENT catchn for for sure.... NICELY done....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum