Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool action!

Posted By: MilesHunter

Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 03:04 AM

Had some non stop action at Joe Pool this weekend. There seems to be fish everywhere you turn and they are all hungry! Fished Saturday till about noon. Caught 60+ crappie with about a third keepers. Caught most fish on brush piles and a few on submerged timber in anywhere from 4' to 36' of water. Fished today for about 2 1/2 hours and boated another 50 crappie with 25-30 keepers. Only fished new spots today, all of which were lay downs in 7'-13' of water. The bite today was viscous!!! They tried to rip the rod out of my hands when they hit it. Used a chartreuse 1/8oz road runner with a Texas Toast Slab Bandit both days and the jig had to be moving. On Saturday almost every bite was on the fall after lifting the rod tip. Today I caught most fish by staying back from the lay downs, casting past them, then hopping it along the bottom. Letting it contact the bottom after each bounce. They were hitting it HARD and trying to run off with it! The first few bites, I thought they were bass until I got them up. Never had crappie as aggressive as they were today. I'll try to post a pic or two in a min.

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 03:09 AM

This is how they were choking it down today!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 03:10 AM

Sounds like a great outing!
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 03:12 AM

Great trip.

>E

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 03:14 AM

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 04:01 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 04:24 AM

Glad someone does good on that lake.It has always had my number even from years ago.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 10:55 AM

Very nice, Miles! I'm gonna have to give it another go. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: pmg

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 07:26 PM

Do you think crappie would be good at this lake from the bank or is a boat a must ?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pmg
Do you think crappie would be good at this lake from the bank or is a boat a must ?
In a few more weeks you will be able to get all you want from the Walnut creek banks.Find the deep holes and you can get em.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/03/17 11:34 PM

Them holes just got deeper with this rain.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/04/17 12:13 AM

Never been on Joe Pool. Does it have any boat houses? Been having good luck dock shooting lately.
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/04/17 12:40 PM

Not that I know of. There aren't houses on the lake as it's mostly gov. land, parks, etc. (I think that's the reason anyway)

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/04/17 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
Them holes just got deeper with this rain.
Tru Dat

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/04/17 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Originally Posted By: pmg
In a few more weeks you will be able to get all you want from the Walnut creek banks.Find the deep holes and you can get em.

thumb Yup

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/04/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Never been on Joe Pool. Does it have any boat houses? Been having good luck dock shooting lately.
It`s a Corp of engineers lake & they don`t normally have boat houses to my knowledge.
Posted By: mbell23

Re: Joe Pool action! - 10/19/17 08:03 PM

Where were you fishing. Planning on going this weekend with the fellas.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum