Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook

Posted By: shadrap

Benbrook - 09/08/17 04:42 PM

Haven't been to Benbrook in 6 weeks. Did not have much luck this summer. Did good in the spring. Seems like when the water gets up in the summer the fish are harder to find. I know we have had more rain this year and I would guess that Richland Chambers is up and so there has been a lot of water pumped from there to Benbrook. The last 2 years(before this year) I did pretty good. the water was probably about 7ft low and the fish were in a pattern. First it was about 12 feet, then 14, and 16 towards the end. Mostly around the trees. When the water is up I guess the fish have new places to visit. Also it seems that the sandbass population has gone down. I don't usually fish for sandbass but if I see them schooling on top water they are a lot of fun to catch. Years back they schooled a lot. Maybe the hybrids have reduced their number. One good thing I can say is that I am sure happy about the boat dock that was put in at Mustang. Anyone else have any thoughts about Benbrook this summer?
Posted By: SK.

Re: Benbrook - 09/09/17 12:45 AM

Something you might try is finding structure in the depths you were catchn'em in before the rise. Adapt then adapt again just what the feesh do too ...
Posted By: 184Champion

Re: Benbrook - 09/09/17 08:04 PM

I have had to do a lot of moving from tree to tree to find them. If you sit for more than 10 minutes without a bite move to another tree. I had 17 keepers yesterday. Trees were in 17 to 30 feet of water and the fish were around 14 ft
Posted By: shadrap

Re: Benbrook - 09/10/17 02:15 AM

Thanks for the reply.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum