Texas Fishing Forum

ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES

Posted By: HOGON

ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 12:46 PM

We are all very aware of the absolute Travesty going on in Houston and along the Gulf Coast.
To all who were involved and able to join in the rescue of folks my hat goes off to each one of you.
I'd like to thank any and all First Responders, the National Guard, and the Extraordinary every day Texans, and Folks from other states that came to help for their continuing and tireless efforts in dealing with the aftermath of Harvey.

I think President Trump and Governor Abbot are doing a great job as well.
I like to give Credit where Credit is due.

A Sincere Thank You to all.

My prayers are with all affected by this epic storm.

We have a lot to be Thankful for this Labor Day.

I just came off a very hectic work week like many because of Harvey.
Dad was in the hospital for close to a week.

We needed to de-stress a bit.

Dad was simply thankful to be out of the hospital.

On that note we headed to Fork to see if we could catch a few slabs on Sunday.

The lake was packed with people seeking some sense of normalcy with all that is going on in our state and around the world.

Pattern is the same as it's been for the last month.

Timber
Water Depth 20-25 Feet
Fish caught 16-18 Feet

Tried the Big 515 for a bit managed a couple.
Still a lot of shorts or barely legal.

Majority of fish came off Timber.

Rods: ACC 10 Footers and 8 Footers
Purple and Yellow and Chartreuse and Green Feather jigs.

I was thankful to be spending time with my Dad on the water again.
Fish or No Fish we were just glad to be hanging out.

The Minnow Bucket is Carrying ACC Rods now.
Tommy Ezell at Thumper Elite Outfitters is also carrying ACC Rods. thumb

Here are some pics:

We ended day with 25 Nice Ones.

Posted By: bush hog

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 12:57 PM

Those are some beauties for sure and as all fishermen know, "fishing is not always about catching fish". fish
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 01:04 PM

Heck yeah!! Headed there this afternoon I think to look for a few! Stanleys BBQ and maybe a ER visit for the cat clawing little man in his eye last night is first! Anybody want a free cat that meows all night, knocks stuff off the walls, digs in the trash, gets hair on everything, scratches your kids, and doesn't catch any mice?

Didn't think so. violin
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 01:56 PM

Nice fish and glad to see your dad is back at it! Will be next weekend before I'm back to Fork. A buddy and I are pulling out in the morning with a smoker and supplies. We have over 800 pounds of brisket and Pork we are taking to the Houston area to smoke.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Heck yeah!! Headed there this afternoon I think to look for a few! Stanleys BBQ and maybe a ER visit for the cat clawing little man in his eye last night is first! Anybody want a free cat that meows all night, knocks stuff off the walls, digs in the trash, gets hair on everything, scratches your kids, and doesn't catch any mice?

Didn't think so. violin

Sounds about like my cat!
Posted By: BarryG

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 03:12 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Davedave

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 03:31 PM

Didn't think so. violin

Pretty tempting. If that cat would tear up leather furniture also, we might have a deal.

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave

Didn't think so. violin

Pretty tempting. If that cat would tear up leather furniture also, we might have a deal.

Don't tell me that! That was the first thing I told my wife when she brought it home! I think I'm gonna take AJs advise and coat him with some sweet baby rays and turn him outside! If the coyotes eat him half as fast as they did all 40 watermelons we had growing he will be gone before sunset!! roflmao

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 03:54 PM

What's that on the TM Hogon?? Those are some nice fish! Hope to find a few this evening! thumb
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 03:54 PM

Them is some gooduns...

Throw in a case of Sweet Baby Rays and I'll take care of the cat before sundown... roflmao

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 04:05 PM

SLEWFOOT,

Dad wanted the head of his trolling motor protected so he got a swim noodle from dollar general and wrapped it around the trolling motor head.

Then he proceeded to wrap pink duct tape around it so it would scream "Crappie Fisherman" and Contrast nicely with our neon yellow life vests. roflmao woot roflmao
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 05:25 PM

Dutch, you're looking better than ever. Catching some slabs makes a man feel "GOOD". clap
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
Nice fish and glad to see your dad is back at it! Will be next weekend before I'm back to Fork. A buddy and I are pulling out in the morning with a smoker and supplies. We have over 800 pounds of brisket and Pork we are taking to the Houston area to smoke.

Great gesture Jerry. There's two groups from our church going back in the morning to assist with removal of damaged sheet rock, floors, ect till probably Fri evening.

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/04/17 08:09 PM

Jerry is Da Man!!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/05/17 12:17 AM

Trolling motor hoodie,.. roflmao
Posted By: J.Jerker

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/05/17 12:35 AM

Great gesture, JerryJoe! Be careful. See you soon.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/05/17 12:44 AM

Awesome pics and usual and glad your dad is back with you.
Posted By: crope1

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/05/17 02:28 AM

Does me good to see your dad back at it again and smiling! More memories being made.
Posted By: crope1

Re: ACC AND FORK SUNDAY 25 NICE ONES - 09/05/17 02:30 AM

God Bless you and your friend! May GOD bless you with his traveling grace to and from you destination.
Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum