Texas Fishing Forum

Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters

Posted By: Laner

Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 01:08 PM

Well, as suggested by all the fine folks here on TFF, I thought about it and was given my answer. I'm going back to Africa at the end of December and need roughly $3500. I don't like handouts, and I don't have the money to just fork over that much out of my savings, so I'm going to take advantage of the tools I have at hand. I'm going to pour jigs with a purpose.

I'm going to take orders, first come, first serve, with all of the profits going towards my trip back into the Mathare Valley. For those unfamiliar with this region, it's the largest slum in the world right outside of Nairobi, Kenya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM3gOZba1O0 I'm opening this up to the TFF first, as you have all been here throughout the entirety of our jig business. I'm offering a $25, $50 and $100 package of assorted baits that I use to fill my clients cooler during the fall. These prices include shipping and taxes. It will be the best assortment of colors and styles that I can come up with, based on the last seven years of guiding in autumn.

If this is something you are interested in helping with, I can be PM'ed here on the forum, I can be emailed at lane.palmer86@yahoo.com or I can be reached at 817-266-9811. This is going to be first come, first serve, so I wanted to put you first before opening our website back up to the general population.

Thank you TFF! I will post pictures of the people who's life you'll impact when I get back from Kenya in January.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 01:32 PM

Wow Lane what a awesome gesture, I have been following your posts.I was was pretty sure when we met at C A T gala this summer,we are cut from same cloth.i will put irder in soon.Hoping to see ya again & talk greenheads or widgeons etc.IKE
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 01:58 PM

thumb The man with the plan to make life better for others.
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 02:21 PM

What a great idea. PM sent
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 03:03 PM

Put me down for $100 if the guy above me didn't buy out the entire lot!! roflmao
Posted By: Rook1436

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 03:24 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 03:37 PM

please explain, what is the Purpose of this trip???
Posted By: r.lammers

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 04:24 PM

$100.00 for me, please.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: spankyttx
please explain, what is the Purpose of this trip???

I'm not trying to answer for Lane, but if you are traveling to the largest slum in the world, I'm guessing it would be a mission trip. Spreading the gospel of Jesus. I've been to Africa on vacation and have seen some of their slum areas. Very depressing. Safe travels Lane, no matter your reason for going.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 07:14 PM

PM sent. bannana2
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 08:23 PM

See if I can remember this, if the package will include Sausage Gravy Jumper, White Hot Chubby, Carney Man Chubby, and White Hot (Buddy). Then I am all in on the $25 or $50 package or I will try to order those again when the web site opens up. I think you were out of those last time I ordered, don't know if you got anymore of them made. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 08:37 PM

PM sent Lane! thumb
Posted By: Crappieshooter

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 11:27 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/29/17 11:59 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/30/17 03:57 PM

Thank you for the unbelievable support everyone. I drove to Lubbock and back for a funeral yesterday and was planning the logistics of heading to the coast, so, not much time for looking on the internet.

Spankyttx, we're going down to Africa to help kids and improve infrastructure. To give you an idea of how much a dollar can do, a preacher, his wife and their five kids have a two bedroom "apartment", bills and groceries and rent paid for the year...$2500 US. The dollar can change lives in that part of the world. To put it frankly, we're going into the valley of the shadow of death just trying to make their life a little better and to give them a foothold so they can plan for tomorrow, as opposed to surviving day by day.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/30/17 04:38 PM

I just donated to your paypal account. You didn't say anything about donations or if you had an account. Hope it works! cool
Just a gift for helping others in Africa.
Thanks and may God bless you on your travels.
Posted By: chri$

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/30/17 07:03 PM

PM sent
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 08/30/17 07:21 PM

Lane, pm sent, email sent, payment sent.
Good luck bud.
Posted By: blackriver

Re: Pouring Jigs with a Purpose-Constant Pursuit Outfitters - 09/01/17 01:15 AM

PM sent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum