Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Report and Week Ahead

Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Ray Roberts Report and Week Ahead - 08/27/17 07:13 PM

So this week was a VERY busy week for the family! Between fishing, getting ready for the dove season opener, and rodeoing every night this week at Denton with my two boys, it was a crazy week! Monday and Tuesday the fishing was ok, just ok. For some reason they were in a funk. Then the major rain came in. Brought the lake up
Over a foot and a quarter. Was I worried? Well not really, I knew we could catch some fish but didn't know how many. Well the last two days were incredible! We smoked the crappie and monsters at that. 20 ft range was really my best bite. But there were literally fish eveywhere! Timber fishing is really REALLY good right now. Such a great weekend of fishing. As of nOw I have Monday and Tuesday available for half days and working mans trips. I also have Sunday morning the 3rd available. Friday and Saturday I will be having some dove hunting going on! Saturday we will be in Jacksboro donour annual dove hunt and fish fry out there. It's a lot of fun and everyone is invited. 1100 acres to spread out on and i feed everyone fresh fried crappie and my wife's home made sides! It's a good time. We shoot skeet and play some corn hole all day as well! I only charge $50 per person to come out and hunt and eat and spend the day. If you're interested or have questions, ask here or shoot me a message or call me. Hope everyone has a great week!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Ray Roberts Report and Week Ahead - 08/29/17 11:39 AM

Thanks for the report. I need to get up there and do some Timber fishing with you. Sounds like a neat outing and all.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum