Texas Fishing Forum

Prayers please....

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 02:36 AM

Please send some up to our Almighty Father. My mom, myself and my oldest brother are riding out Harvey in Victoria. My sister and her husband are just a few miles north of us at one of my other brothers' ranch. Oldest brother, sister her husband and their daughter with three children call Rockport/Lamar home. My niece took her children down south around McAllen to take refuge from the storm. Looks like Rockport is taking pretty much a direct hit.

Thanks.
>E
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 02:42 AM

angel
Posted By: Mac817

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 03:00 AM

Prayers
Posted By: Glenn54

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 03:08 AM

Prayers sent. I hope your relatives in Rockport left town. I heard on the news that 40% of Rockport did not leave. That's not good.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 03:08 AM

angel

Prayers to all down there.

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 03:56 AM

Thanks for the prayers.

Originally Posted By: Glenn54
Prayers sent. I hope your relatives in Rockport left town. I heard on the news that 40% of Rockport did not leave. That's not good.

That is a crazy number. Yes, my family left. My oldest brother is here in Victoria at my Mom's house. My sister and her husband are at my other brothers' ranch about 15 miles North of Victoria. Their daughter and her children are in The Valley with friends. Rumor is that Rockport HS is a total loss. As well as, Aransas Pass HS. Devastating. 2nd lowest mb rating hurricane to hit the Texas coast. Carla was the lowest at 931mb. Unfortunately, this one is not going anywhere fast. Slow mover.

>E

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 04:13 AM

I think when this is over this storm will be EPIC and not in a good way.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 09:51 AM

Praying
Posted By: Cast

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 10:35 AM

Texans are so much tougher than non Texans can understand. Watch while Texans come together and recover from this. It ain't our first rodeo.

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 11:56 AM

Just saw where a home owner in Corpus shot an intruder last night right when the hurricane hit land.

I'm guessing the intruder was a Non Texan. roflmao
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 11:58 AM

Prayers for everyone in the storm's path.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: HOGON
Just saw where a home owner in Corpus shot an intruder last night right when the hurricane hit land.

I'm guessing the intruder was a Non Texan. roflmao

You loot! We shoot!! roflmao

Saw those signs everywhere after Katrina! That and one guy had his old freezer duct taped closed and painted do not open! Adjuster inside! roflmao
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 12:44 PM

Prayers sent. The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2
Posted By: zig-zag

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 12:52 PM

angel 2 corinthians 1:3,4 The GOD of all comfort, the Father of mercies; may His will be done to His glory. angel2 May HE bless and keep you!
Posted By: RWCAT

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 02:00 PM

angelPrayers
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 03:57 PM

I pray they stay high and dry.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/26/17 11:46 PM

Prayers for all in the way of this storm.

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/27/17 02:37 AM

Thank You all for the prayers. We came through relatively unscathed. We have water (boil notice) but no electricity. No word on how my families Rockport homes fared. Lots of damage.
Posted By: Glenn54

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/27/17 03:19 AM

Glad to hear you guys are OK. Rockport had a lot of damage but there are still plenty of homes standing. Hopefully your family's home will be one of those. That's a nice area. We have gone there many times for vacation, etc. Charlotte Plummers is one of favorite restaurants. I wonder if it is still there.
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Prayers please.... - 08/27/17 01:14 PM

Prayers for your Family in the area. Also, we have Children and Family from Rockport in McAllen. Praying for safety of all.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum