Texas Fishing Forum

Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday.

Posted By: HV Lurenut

Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday. - 08/21/17 07:11 PM

Took a friend of my fathers out to do a little jig fishing Saturday. Went and hit a couple of brush piles and started fishing vertically. Had a slow bite and all small fish. We were locked down on one piece of brush, but there are several trees at this spot, so I started pitching out and letting the jig slowly swing down past the other pieces of brush.
Immediately started being nailed by larger more aggressive fish coming out and chasing the bait. Put ten in the live well in about ten minutes. Then proceeded to catch a lot of shorts. Swinging the bait past seamed to draw out the more dominate fish. Proceeded to another brush pile and they where taking it on every pitch and swing. Kept a couple of more fish for dinner and then let the rest go. Second pile was majority dinks, but had a 3 1/2# ditch pickle join in for a good tug. Fish liked Bobby Garland's in monkey milk and nocked the daylights ot of Crazy Anglers in Texas Toast. All in all, a fun morning.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday. - 08/22/17 04:14 AM

Thanks for the report. Your persistence paid off.Never fished Lewisville,gonna have to add it to the bucket list.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday. - 08/22/17 05:42 AM

Always listen to tha feesh, they will tell what/how they want to eat..... having an open mined to find it is key.....
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday. - 08/23/17 12:30 PM

Steve - we fished the same pile that afternoon and picked off some good fish too. I fished a new bait that I was asked to try out and found the better fish were either on the side of the pile and all the dinks were sitting on top of it.

The east side of the lake is also fishing real well. We caught a bunch of fish and kept some for dinner and let some other ones go for next time.

Good seeing you out there.
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: Swinging jigs on Lewisvile Saturday. - 08/25/17 08:34 PM

Ron, Good to hear that y'all moved a few good fish out of there as well. Glad to see some nicer fish showing up. Hope this weekend isn't a washout.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum