Texas Fishing Forum

Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h

Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/17/17 10:37 PM

I had James and his 2 boys Matthew and Caden out for a tough day on Ray Roberts after the storms passed. The brush piles were loaded with fish but every pile took 30-45 minutes to get the bite started. Lots of little fish to weed thru and the keepers got a little better as the day heated up. The minnow bite was better early and the jig bite picked up more towards midday. The trees we fished just didn't hold many fish today. They ended up boating well over 200 fish and I cleaned 26. They left with a stuffed gallon of fillets for a few fish frys. To book a crappie or blue cat trip go to www.ntxfishing.net or contact me at 972-342-8803. I have some spots open next week to get your kids out before they go back to school. I'll even offer a deal for next week. You book a trip next week Monday thru Friday and it's $200 if you have a child under 16 fishing. Back to school deal that can be 2 adults and a kid, 1 adult and 1 kid or 1 adult and 2 kids for that price. Can be a morning or afternoon trip on Lewisville or Ray Roberts.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/17/17 11:17 PM

Nice post. Love seeing the kiddos taking part. Lifetime Memories right there! thumb

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/18/17 01:05 AM

Thanks Banker and I hope to fill up next week with more kids. No matter what fish they always get so excited and have so much fun.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/18/17 04:20 PM

Oh you are going to get hate mail for that ditch pickle you killed.

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/18/17 06:00 PM

3 big dead largemouth on the ramp yesterday morning that died from a tournament weigh in. At least my customer will enjoy his catch. Address is on my website for the hate mail. Nice to get something other than bills in the mailbox.
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/18/17 06:39 PM

So huge 15"crappie in the bucket is OK, but keeping an average 15" black bass is somehow a huge no-no. I doubt the bass fisheries around here are in huge peril due to harvest.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Guide Report Ray Roberts Aug 17h - 08/18/17 06:52 PM

I keep largemouth I catch depending on the fishery. If there are enough of them what's the difference between keeping bass vs crappie, or catfish, or drum, or gar, or sand bass, or striper, or bluegill...... Largemouth tastes great. You know, if you catch shad that leaves less food for the sport fish so lets not net shad either. I welcome all hate mail too.

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum