Texas Fishing Forum

Hummingbird 360 ?

Posted By: Buff2

Hummingbird 360 ? - 08/15/17 09:37 PM

I just ordered a 360 unit to put on my boat.
I ordered a mount to set it up on my Ulterra.

The tracker 2072 has two batteries in the front for the trolling motor and one in the rear for the big motor.
From what I have read, I will get a lot of interference if I hook the transducer to the trolling motor battery.
With the boat being full of foam my only other option is to tie into the wire that powers the front running light.

Anybody have a better ideal?
Thanks
Buff
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Hummingbird 360 ? - 08/16/17 11:53 AM

What happened to fhe guy I talked to a month ago that didn't need any fancy electronics or GPS trolling motors! Did you bury him on fhe ranch with your backhoe?? roflmao

I can't help with the wiring issue but I think most interference is caused by the wire running along the TM and the 360 mount will have it out away from the TM so I would think you will be good, but that's just my redneck WAG. I'm jealous though! That's for sure!

Happy fishing!! fish
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Hummingbird 360 ? - 08/16/17 12:14 PM

Having talked with David Goodson, with Shut Up and Fish, and messaging Wayne P on here about interference, there is no magic solution. Every boat is different. You won't know until you hook up the unit and try it. Best solution offered is direct wiring from the cranking battery to the sonar unit. But that's not a sure bet. Next solution is a ferrite ring.
Wiring to the running lights might work but that wire usually comes from a fuse block that goes to the switch for the lights. Nothing is a sure bet.
Another piece of advice is use a trolling motor transducer instead of the transom transducer that comes with the sonar unit.
There's usually tips offered on the mfgrs web site.
Posted By: Carver

Re: Hummingbird 360 ? - 08/16/17 04:19 PM

I have a HB 360 transducer on my Hobie Kayak on a single battery sharing power with some other electronics and don't have any issues at all. My cables do not parallel anything else which might be an issue as pointed out earlier.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum