Texas Fishing Forum

Dock shooting

Posted By: bush hog

Dock shooting - 08/04/17 02:08 AM

was good today. Brush piles got cold about 11 am or so and we were a little reluctant of shooting docks because docks had been terrible in July. What the heck...no guts, no glory. Good move....they were there. Tried several docks and caught a few under each one. Finished the day with 29. Hopefully dock shooting will start picking up as we move into the fall.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Dock shooting - 08/04/17 03:30 AM

I've only done it during the summer. Deep floating docks hold a ton of crappie. A ton of small ones for me that is
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Dock shooting - 08/04/17 04:12 PM

Good catch bush hog. I like shooting docks. By the way, my retirement date is Dec. 31, but when I come Nov. 9, I will be on vacation the rest of the year, so I will then be able to fish as much as I want to. I am looking forward to retirement.

later...don
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Dock shooting - 08/04/17 07:07 PM

It will be here before you know it. I'm loving my retirement but I sure seem to stay awfully busy for someone not employed. hammer
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Dock shooting - 08/05/17 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
It will be here before you know it. I'm loving my retirement but I sure seem to stay awfully busy for someone not employed. hammer

I can't wait for retirement in 5 to 6 years. But you're right. When I am supposedly "off" at home, I find myself more busy and working harder than I do at work. Ironic...
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Dock shooting - 08/05/17 04:50 PM

Yes I think retirement too is more work than ever, especially if you live in the country always plenty to do, and you really have to make the time to go fishing.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Dock shooting - 08/05/17 05:12 PM

Doubt if I retire, but I will have a two day work week and a five day weekend... Nice fish BH thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum