Texas Fishing Forum

Quick Run to Lewisville

Posted By: HV Lurenut

Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 04:37 AM

Got back in town this evening and decided to grab my daughter, Bonnie, and make a quick run and unwind down on the lake. Picked her up at 6:40 went and grabbed the boat and dropped first jig in the water at 7:30. Fished till about 8:30 and managed 18 fish between us. Had at least 12 keepers and a couple of others that looked close. Had seven that looked to be a pound or better. Not great fish, but a real nice time with my daughter. All fish where in one brush pile at 12- 15 foot depth. Caught fish on TX Toast stump bug, Shad brush slider,Palestine special and BoBby Garland Monkey Milk.
Last few times I hit this brush it was all dinks. I think the thermocline has come up and pushed a lot of the bigger fish into the brush piles. Sounds good, but who knows. All fish released so that we could stop for a margarita and taco on the way home.
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 04:42 AM

Nice job on a last minute trip! Time well spent with the daughter.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 06:24 AM

Love it when memories are being made! Nice outing for an hour.
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 10:39 AM

Fishing with family is hard to beat. A boat keeps you close and talking the whole trip. The fish become secondary to the conversations had.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 02:05 PM

nice, we have also been finding them in pretty shallow water lately. I think the thermo cline has pushed them up some as well. we caught them in 9FOW Monday.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 03:23 PM

Very nice! They will get shallow this time of year. I have caught them in 1-2 ft this time of year before. Felt like spawn fishing but it was 100 degrees LOL.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 03:41 PM

kids time,..cant beat it,.. clap
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/27/17 03:55 PM

That's a good night out HVL. Maybe I need to drop the boat in Lewisville some night. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/28/17 03:22 AM

Great trip. My favorite trips are with my daughter. Only thing is that she usually out fishes me. fish

>E
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/28/17 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
That's a good night out HVL. Maybe I need to drop the boat in Lewisville some night.

When are we going????
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/28/17 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: The Crappie Guy
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
That's a good night out HVL. Maybe I need to drop the boat in Lewisville some night.

When are we going????

I may be out there tomorrow morning. I'll let you know but I need your number (and you will order a Z19 by the time we are through).

Edit - I do have your number.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/28/17 10:00 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/28/17 10:14 PM

Good Times!!! thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Quick Run to Lewisville - 07/29/17 05:32 PM

Great Post! clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum