Texas Fishing Forum

Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting?

Posted By: Brocephus

Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/16/17 07:58 PM

Hey guys...

Heard summer time is good for "dock shooting" for crappie. Most of the lakes I tend to fish are
COE lakes, so there aren't any private boat docks. What are some good lakes in and around the area with some docs that are productive for dock shooting and have you had success catching crappie with that technique this time of year?

thanks!
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/16/17 08:44 PM

You might look at some of the smaller lakes south and west of Ft. Worth, otherwise you'll need to head south to Cedar Creek to find really good docks.
Not sure who you "heard" that from, but...
The truth is that dock shooting is best post spawn-early summer (April-June) and again in October (sometimes an even better time). I'm not saying you can't pick up a few under docks this time of year, but the higher water temps push most out into deeper water.
Go to Cedar Creek in October or May, and I promise you won't be disappointed. thumb
Posted By: Ricky87

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/16/17 10:13 PM

Docks on cedar creek right now can pick up a few fish you need to look for deep docks and you can pull a few from them other than that you need to find deeper brush.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/21/17 07:00 PM

Good advice, I will hit up Cedar Creek in Oct! Thanks!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/22/17 05:52 PM

Cedar creek
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/22/17 08:44 PM

CC
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/24/17 03:09 PM

CC, EM, and Worth.

Outside of the far eastern part of the DFW Metro, if you're further west, EM and Worth are not overly fished and have a ton of docks, some that hold some good fish and are much closer than CC.
Posted By: E White

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/28/17 12:17 AM

How do you do "Dock-Shooting"? Never heard of this technique!
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Best DFW area lake for dock-shooting? - 07/28/17 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: E White
How do you do "Dock-Shooting"? Never heard of this technique!
Go to youtube and look for Dock Shooting Videos.Walley Marshall has a GOOD one welcome to the Forum
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum