Texas Fishing Forum

Brush pile questions

Posted By: buzzbaitfisher

Brush pile questions - 07/14/17 02:26 AM

Hey guys I'm getting ready to sink some brush, in past iv done the regular brush piles standing vertical in water using concrete and jugs. But thinking about trying something new, when I was a kid I fished on Toledo with an older women and she had brush tied to stumps and I'm assuming a weight at the bottom! Has anyone else tried this? Please send tips my way if you have experience with it or if it's a waste of time! I'll go to the work of making regular brush piles but why not do this if it works and I can sink twice as many in same time!

I do live on north Toledo so there's plenty of stumps in the right spots.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/14/17 10:39 AM

I think it would work...I'm from toledo as well and I've seen the locals do it... especially the Cajuns who had fish camps on the lake...they are passionate about there sac-a-lait...where are you at on the north end?

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/14/17 10:56 AM

Huxley!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/14/17 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: buzzbaitfisher
Huxley!
I'm 45min from Huxley...that's a great place!
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/15/17 04:31 PM

yall got any info for six mile?

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/15/17 08:01 PM

Not down that way much, I'm about as far north as you can go
Posted By: zig-zag

Re: Brush pile questions - 07/16/17 09:28 AM

duncedont do it all you catch is 11/2&2lb crappie.Put them out along side creek channels,rope needs to be dark,about 12'long, when you tie it around stump,tree,whatever,it makes the brush hang about 10'deep. Most of the time the biters will be on top. just try to hang the top of tree at 10or12 feet. I cut the top off flat. been doing this for years,catch 3 or 4 and move on,your tops will always have good fish, and not so many unwanted guess lol. the more you have the better. about 30yds apart, at least.I have found that if you put them closer they want hold as many fish.Good luck. angel
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum