Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo lake tips

Posted By: wh2004

Caddo lake tips - 07/12/17 04:45 AM

Taking kayaks to the state park soon. Any tips for this lake? Anyone fished here?
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/12/17 02:28 PM

I fished tournaments there many years ago. We took 4-5 maps as there are so many trails. Great lake to fish....spring is good to use while spinner baits to catch the chain pickerel.

Next to the cypress trees is good with a stick bait. Cast and let it sit the just the slightest movement....and WOW the bass are excited.

Fun lake to fish, just watch for the snakes and alligators. Interesting that you can be sitting in a timber area and hear a speed boat coming then pass you by and no wake....

good luck
Posted By: Buglemintoday

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/12/17 04:39 PM

There are some huge panfish in there. I fished it one day from the dock in the State Park...saw some Chain Pickerel swimming around as well.

I'd love to get out there on a boat and fish all the cypress stumps and knees
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/12/17 05:35 PM

The lake is pretty shallow in general. I would fish around big green break, little green break and buzzard bay around cypress trees and duck blinds.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/13/17 01:16 PM

we used to pretty good at the small bridge fishing the pylons at cypress village road in big cypress bayou. vertical fishing the pair of pylons with jigs.
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/21/17 01:45 AM

do you fly fishing??, we been doing good fly fishing the big cypess river for bream and bass.
We could have a trip next week over there.
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Caddo lake tips - 07/21/17 03:40 PM

paddle down river from the state park ramp (east) and you'll see lots of downed trees not too far down plus plenty of private docks to try as well. If that doesn't work then load up and go to Johnsons Ranch, fish the opposite side of the river in the pads, you may run into a bunch of yellow bass (which I like when they get some size on 'em) but there are crappie there too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum