Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing With A Unknown Person

Posted By: Sirjet

Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 02:04 PM

Has This ever happened to you.

It has happened to me twice.
Once with my Ex-Wife and Once with my now Fiance.

Conversation:

Me: Hey baby I am going fishing tomorrow
Fiance: Who are you going with
Me: I guy I met online
Fiance: WHO????
Me: I guy I met online
Fiance: You don't know this guy?
Me: Yes I do. I met him Online
Fiance: OOOOO I don't like that.
Me: OK. See you when I get back.

i am a very trusting person. And I have met a good amount of people on TFF. They have all been great people. I think this world could learn from a few people on here. Keep it up Guys and Gals.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 02:08 PM

My wife said the same thing Sirjet LOL. I have made several good friends through the TFF.

Red
Posted By: Poke

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 02:11 PM

I pulled up to the ramp the other day in Granbury after dark and asked a guy getting his boat ready to go fishing if the chaos had settled down a bit. He insisted that I get in his boat and go fish with him. I was just seeing if the ramp had cleared up a bit so I could put in.

I should have went with him and maybe learned something because I didn't catch anything.
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 02:14 PM

I don't think my wife would care as long as I said a GUY I met on line. A gal, I met on line, might get a "OH NO" from her eeks

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 02:14 PM

Does anyone fear getting Jacked? I don't.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 04:54 PM

I once drove all the way to Ohio to deer hunt with a guy from a forum. We are still good friends to this day.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 05:09 PM

Those internet people as my wife calls em!!! roflmao
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 05:59 PM

just lay the ground rules.
when I start the boat, sit down.
dont steal my crappie nibbles
drink plenty water but dont eat my sammich.
I will decide who keeps the fish
I will decide where we fish.
dont argue with the game warden in MY boat
If you want to be a phone queer and play on your phone all day, dont whine abt not catching fish
If you bring beer and get drunk, dont get testy, I will put my foot in your ARSE
welcome ABOARD!!!
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
just lay the ground rules.
when I start the boat, sit down.
dont steal my crappie nibbles
drink plenty water but dont eat my sammich.
I will decide who keeps the fish
I will decide where we fish.
dont argue with the game warden in MY boat
If you want to be a phone queer and play on your phone all day, dont whine abt not catching fish
If you bring beer and get drunk, dont get testy, I will put my foot in your ARSE
welcome ABOARD!!!

OK Leanin Post, now that I know the rules... when are we going fishing!!!
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:04 PM

I do it all the time. Just use common sense. Bad guys can't fish. roflmao

I've picked up guys off the bank before. Never hurts to make someones day once in a while.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:28 PM

I have traveled on a three day fishing trip with 12 TFF guys all the way to Alabama. And it was Awesome. Birds of the feather flock together.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:41 PM

I wish I could say I have never done it, because it sure sounds weird. But, I have.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:49 PM

Yep, my wife went nuts about meeting someone off the internet unless it's a tournament or get together. wife

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:51 PM

My Fiance said I need to get his name,number,take a picture of him, and the vehicle's plate. I said i am not. I told her this will not be the last time either.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
My Fiance said I need to get his name,number,take a picture of him, and the vehicle's plate. I said i am not. I told her this will not be the last time either.

Just have everyone on here send you their names, pictures and plate numbers in advance. That way you're prepared.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 07:03 PM

LMBO. Didn't think of that DaveDave.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 07:10 PM

I took a salesman that used to call on us at work one day and now I can't get rid of him!!!!

We going this weekend Dave?
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 07:12 PM

My wife said the same thing years ago, I have met some of the best people and made life long friendships.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
I took a salesman that used to call on us at work one day and now I can't get rid of him!!!!

We going this weekend Dave?

Baseball starts about 1 tomorrow, and all day Sunday. I can go for a while in the morning.

I have 5 more condos to sink.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 07:15 PM

I have never given up on people. I will give anyone a chance. until you do me wrong. At that point i keep it moving.
Posted By: gander

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 08:12 PM

I have never given up on people. I will give anyone a chance. until you do me wrong. At that point i keep it moving.
thumb....Same here
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 08:13 PM

Yep, and five years later we still fishing... Surprised they put up with me this long! roflmao
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 09:07 PM

I've taken people fishing that I've met here on the forum and several people I've seen at the ramp. I always keep an eye out for people fishing with their kids on the bank. I've picked up several father/son, father/daughter, grandmother/grandson combos from the bank or at the marina. I usually have a couple extra rods with me just in case I pick someone up. I love the shocked look on their face when I ask them if they want to come fish with me. I usually have to tell them that I'm serious a couple times before they believe me.

Quick story from about a couple months ago...

I had been fishing for a couple hours already and was waiting at the marina to pick up my wife. While I'm tying up, a grandmother and her 10 year old grandson walked by on their way to fish at the crappie barge. I could tell that he was excited to be fishing but knew that there was not much action at the crappie barge recently. The grandmother smiled and said hello as they walked by. When my wife got there I told her about the two of them, and she already knew what I was going to ask her (she knows how much I love picking random people up to take fishing LOL). I walked over to where they were getting set up at the barge and asked the grandmother if they wanted to come with us. The boy looked at grandma, and after a few "are you serious?" she said absolutely. As soon as she said that the boy jumped out of his skin with excitement!! What I didn't realize is that the boy was autistic. He didn't have a male role model that would do things with him so it was always up to grandma to take him to do boy stuff, such as fishing. I have always had a place in my heart for mentally and physically disabled children and was so blessed for our paths to have crossed that day. We had a great day, caught some fish, he drove the boat some, and my wife and his grandmother talked and took pictures. When it was time to go, the boy walked up to me and gave me a big hug. His grandmother immediately began crying. When he started to walk away his grandmother stopped and thanked my wife and I again and told us that he had never hugged a man before. Ever.

We took the two of them out fishing with us again just a couple weeks ago. The fishing was a little slow but we all had a blast, and I got my hug again. That little boy has been an amazing blessing to me. And I think I was able to give a little back to him as well. You just never know when or how you are going to impact someone's life. You just have to keep your eyes open for the opportunity.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 09:26 PM

WOW!!!!! that is so Cool. I feel you. I also Love working with kids and adults like that. I am teach one to Mime. Yes Mime. I do it for my Church.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 10:13 PM

quote Miles "You just never know when or how you are going to impact someone's life. You just have to keep your eyes open for the opportunity."

The essence of why we're on this earth in the first place. thumb

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 10:19 PM

i wish there was a pat on your back section. For stories like the one he told.
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 11:20 PM

Dammit Miles you made me get something in my eye. Need a tissue to get it out.
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/07/17 11:49 PM

thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 12:07 AM

Props to you MR.MilesHunter! That was very touching and anyone that wasn`t moved by your random act of kindness and compassion for those two is just an UNTOUCHABLE.
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: ERNEST PATY
I do it all the time. Just use common sense. Bad guys can't fish. roflmao

I've picked up guys off the bank before. Never hurts to make someones day once in a while.

Where is this bank??????? I need to stand there!!!!!! scared
Posted By: SlabWhisperer

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: MilesHunter
I've taken people fishing that I've met here on the forum and several people I've seen at the ramp. I always keep an eye out for people fishing with their kids on the bank. I've picked up several father/son, father/daughter, grandmother/grandson combos from the bank or at the marina. I usually have a couple extra rods with me just in case I pick someone up. I love the shocked look on their face when I ask them if they want to come fish with me. I usually have to tell them that I'm serious a couple times before they believe me.

I had been fishing for a couple hours already and was waiting at the marina to pick up my wife. While I'm tying up, a grandmother and her 10 year old grandson walked by on their way to fish at the crappie barge. I could tell that he was excited to be fishing but knew that there was not much action at the crappie barge recently. The grandmother smiled and said hello as they walked by. When my wife got there I told her about the two of them, and she already knew what I was going to ask her (she knows how much I love picking random people up to take fishing LOL). I walked over to where they were getting set up at the barge and asked the grandmother if they wanted to come with us. The boy looked at grandma, and after a few "are you serious?" she said absolutely. As soon as she said that the boy jumped out of his skin with excitement!! What I didn't realize is that the boy was autistic. He didn't have a male role model that would do things with him so it was always up to grandma to take him to do boy stuff, such as fishing. I have always had a place in my heart for mentally and physically disabled children and was so blessed for our paths to have crossed that day. We had a great day, caught some fish, he drove the boat some, and my wife and his grandmother talked and took pictures. When it was time to go, the boy walked up to me and gave me a big hug. His grandmother immediately began crying. When he started to walk away his grandmother stopped and thanked my wife and I again and told us that he had never hugged a man before. Ever.

We took the two of them out fishing with us again just a couple weeks ago. The fishing was a little slow but we all had a blast, and I got my hug again. That little boy has been an amazing blessing to me. And I think I was able to give a little back to him as well. You just never know when or how you are going to impact someone's life. You just have to keep your eyes open for the opportunity.

There will be a special place in Heaven reserved for people like you!
Respect!
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 01:35 AM

Great story Miles, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 02:02 AM

I would have no problem taking a stranger fishing. Especially if I met them on a trusted forum such as TFF or TBH. I've been a single dad since October 31st 2003. My only child is away at college now. She and I still make a trip every once in a while. But, I'm always looking for someone to go with me. I have a couple of friends that go with me and we trade saltwater trips for crappie trips. I only saltwater fish in the winter months simply because I am afraid of contracting Vibrio Vulnificus. I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for 43 years and take an immunosuppressant prescription for rheumatoid arthritis. So, with those two strikes against me I stay out of the saltwater. It's just not worth it. So, if anybody is ever down in the Victoria area and wants to chase some crappie let me know. The two lakes I fish are not what I would call "limit" lakes but fish can be caught.

My allergies kicked in a little as I read this post. Thanks for sharing.

As I was outside a while ago my neighbor and his wife were headed out for dinner. We started talking and his daughter and grandson just moved here a couple weeks ago. The grandson is 14 and his dad passed away a couple years ago. Grandpa asked me if I would like to take the young man fishing and I said you bet I would. We talked a little more and the young man lived in Florida at one time and he and his dad would fish quite often. So, in a couple weeks the young man and I have a date with some crappie.

>E

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 07:01 AM

Well Sir Jet didn't get jacked, but we did have a blast and even managed a few keepers off of Joe Pool..
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 08:55 AM

Me: Honey I met someone online
Wife: WHO THE H@LL IS SHE!!!!
Me: It's not a she it's a he
Wife faints.......
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 01:24 PM

Nice to see someone else with that philosophy. Salute.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 01:34 PM

thumbAwesome!!!
Posted By: Epic

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 07:19 PM

This site is where I met one of my best friends. I pm'd where's my Bobber and asked if I could join her and Jiggen El for my first tube fishing. That day a big storm came in and WMB waited it out in the bait store.

I don't think we ended up catching anything that day but we became fast friends. I even ended up being a groomsman in her wedding.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/08/17 10:21 PM

You set one awesome example of what life should be. A great story, I can tell you are one Blessed man/family. Keep doing what you do, the world needs more people like you...

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/09/17 02:58 AM

tmd11111 now that was funny.

Well I met Scruboak for the first time on last night. I think we hit it off very well. Caught a few keepers. But I enjoyed the thump of that jig. Cauth a bunch of 9.75 inch fish. But it was a blast.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/10/17 12:30 AM

I am always open to meet new people. It reminds me that this world is not as ba as it seems sometimes.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/10/17 05:38 AM

After our trip and what we learned I'm working on something to test.
Posted By: Scotty B Fishin'

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/10/17 03:39 PM

I've fished with strangers from the forum, but I had to pay them to take me out! On the plus side, they did clean the fish! There are some great guides on here.

Re: Fishing With A Unknown Person - 07/10/17 03:43 PM

I also have paid top play. but every now and then you find someone that happens to be at the same place you are or are going to be.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum