Texas Fishing Forum

Where is the best place to get a bimini top made?

Posted By: Fab

Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/05/17 08:16 PM

I am looking to have a bimini top made for my boat.
Where is the best place in North Texas to have one made?
Thanks,
Fab
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/05/17 08:23 PM

Go online and find one that fits. Lots cheaper than having one made.
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/05/17 08:40 PM

Vic's Marine in Rowlett.
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/05/17 08:42 PM

Fab - I am also looking for the same thing. If you find one let me know. I'll do the same for you.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/06/17 12:27 AM

I just had a custom made cover for my boat and they also make bimini tops as well. I ordered mines on line from "www.boatcoversdirect.com. Check their videos out on you tube. Good luck...
Posted By: Fab

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/06/17 12:36 AM

Thanks, everyone.
Looking into it.
This Texas sun is killing me on the days that I can get a break to get out and fish.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/06/17 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
I just had a custom made cover for my boat and they also make bimini tops as well. I ordered mines on line from "www.boatcoversdirect.com. Check their videos out on you tube. Good luck...

Be careful with boatcoversdirect. If the product they ship you isn't correct or don't fit they will send a shipping label and refund you the cost MINUS shipping. I learned this when I ordered a cover for my boat. My year, make and model was listed in their site but when I got it I found out it wasn't made specifically for my boat but for they type boat. Where it was cut for the console it was about a foot too short and wouldn't extend down the sides or make it to the transom.
Needless to say after that fiasco I went with QualityMarineSupply for my boat cover and Bimini top. They are a direct retailer for Carver products if that matters (great quality and customer service).
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/06/17 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111
Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Be careful with boatcoversdirect. If the product they ship you isn't correct or don't fit they will send a shipping label and refund you the cost MINUS shipping. I learned this when I ordered a cover for my boat. My year, make and model was listed in their site but when I got it I found out it wasn't made specifically for my boat but for they type boat. Where it was cut for the console it was about a foot too short and wouldn't extend down the sides or make it to the transom.
Needless to say after that fiasco I went with QualityMarineSupply for my boat cover and Bimini top. They are a direct retailer for Carver products if that matters (great quality and customer service).

Sorry to hear that, but I had no problems with my boat cover. It even came with the cover for the motor as well. But be careful wherever you purchase.
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Where is the best place to get a bimini top made? - 07/06/17 08:01 PM

Thanks for the information. I see there are different fabrics that bimini tops come in (SunbrellaŽ, Sun-DURAŽ and Performance Poly-GuardŽ). What makes one better than the others?

Also, does color make any difference when it comes to staying cooler under it - other than matching the upholstery?

Appreciate the sharing. helpsign
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum