Texas Fishing Forum

Lake waxachie Crappie

Posted By: Sirjet

Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 01:30 AM

Has anyone been fishing this lake? i am a tuber and want to know where I can put my tube in. not wanting secret spots just want to gt thumped.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 01:48 AM

popcorn
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 11:18 AM

Haven't fished it in a while. There are brush piles along the dam, toward the south end. There is a ramp close to the dam at Howard Rd. and Lakeshore Dr. There are also some brush piles in that cove area by the ramp. There is another ramp west on Lakeshore Dr. that is kinda close to the pipe line that goes across the lake. It's pretty shallow up past the pipeline.
Good luck. I've never caught much there, but I also haven't fished it all that much.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 03:42 PM

I do not see any place to park near the Pipeline or over by the Dam. Looks like it is all private property
Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 04:04 PM

There's a park close(ish) to the pipeline. We always just parked on the grass.
Posted By: tloc1000

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 04:07 PM

There is a boat ramp and park by the dam and a boat ramp near the pipeline but you would have to paddle a ways to get to the pipeline.

I haven't fished for crappie there yet but I would like to try.
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 04:37 PM

3 ramps. Dam, mid lake, and Pipeline. parking is fine at the dam and pipeline, little tight at the middle ramp if too many others are there. There is some standing timber across from the pipeline ramp, if I remember correctly depths should be between 10-15 in that area. Haven't fished the lake in quite awhile, but there are some very solid crappie in there.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 05:20 PM

So at the pipeline. Do you park at the open area and then walk down the road that looks like it has a car junk yard on the right? It looks like house's to me. Sorry for my ignorance. I just want to fish.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 06:40 PM

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 06:42 PM

There's a bathroom there by the x. A little dirt road that leads to it. Pull in there and park on the grass. And no need to apologize for anything! We all have questions about places we've never been to.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 06:49 PM

Thank You. I wish everyone would help like you have. We are not enemies on here.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 06:57 PM

No problem! None of us are born with infinite wisdom. We all learn from someone.

If you go, check the wind. It's a smaller lake but the winds on it can kick your butt. On the other side of the pipeline, there's timber. It gets pretty shallow though. Don't know if any will be up there or not.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 07:01 PM

Oh! And don't forget to hit those docks to and from the pipeline.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 07:06 PM

Maybe in those shallows during the spring or spawn. I was looking at those docks LOL
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 08:19 PM

straight across to that point, out from those docks, is standing timber. Quite a bit of it and deeper than the the pipeline.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 08:21 PM

That`s GOOD info! I just want to give props to you WMB,you ROD`s454,you TRH(formerly express00) & you tloc1000 for trying to help another TFFer have success on another lake.That`s what a forum should be about IMHO but it has come to my attention that I`ve been criticized for being to free with information and ruining fishing spots that others want to keep a secret.All this was brought on simply because I asked another Tuber(I won`t mention his name because it might shame him) where he launched his tube at Cedar Creek.NOT WHERE HIS SPOT WAS, or the DOCKS he were fishing, just where he launched from.It`s as if he didn`t want me in the same water.How selfish is that?I couldn`t believe it.That`s why I didn`t chime in earlier so I Thank GOD for you guys & may GOD bless you for it. thumb

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 08:59 PM

Still learning. if I can help just let me know. I have always been fearful of trying new spot cause of the chance of failure. but failure will happen. But fishing will continue. Thanks to each of you for your help. my confidence is higher than ever.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/05/17 11:22 PM

Sirjet did you give up on Joe Pool?

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/06/17 03:35 AM

Well, the way I see it is there's plenty of fish out there for everyone. None of us own the lake. Someone, somewhere taught each of us something.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/06/17 12:51 PM

Not giving up on JP. It is close to my house. but I want to broaden my spectrum. become more versatile.

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/06/17 12:54 PM

BTW scruboak. My signature pics no longer represent how I look now. LOL Older, Bigger, and my hair is wayyyyyyy longer.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/06/17 03:03 PM

lol no prob.
Posted By: gander

Re: Lake waxachie Crappie - 07/06/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
That`s GOOD info! I just want to give props to you WMB,you ROD`s454,you TRH(formerly express00) & you tloc1000 for trying to help another TFFer have success on another lake.That`s what a forum should be about IMHO but it has come to my attention that I`ve been criticized for being to free with information and ruining fishing spots that others want to keep a secret.All this was brought on simply because I asked another Tuber(I won`t mention his name because it might shame him) where he launched his tube at Cedar Creek.NOT WHERE HIS SPOT WAS, or the DOCKS he were fishing, just where he launched from.It`s as if he didn`t want me in the same water.How selfish is that?I couldn`t believe it.That`s why I didn`t chime in earlier so I Thank GOD for you guys & may GOD bless you for it. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum