Texas Fishing Forum

Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge

Posted By: Bryan McCall

Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 03:14 PM

Has anyone with the GPS trolling motors had success with getting a good signal under the taller Tollbridge on LL? Man will not hook up under the shorter bridge or the I 35 bridge.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 03:32 PM

Holy [censored]!
That's a helluva rig you got there.
cool
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 03:51 PM

Nope, unless you are working the edges so that gps receivers can still "see" the satellites.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 03:59 PM

my Xi5 does not spot lock very well under the little elm bridge. haven't tried it under the toll bridge. the toll bridge is much higher off the water though. you may have better luck. I'm not a big fan of spot locking on timber or under a bridge anyways. If waves come through you'll bang into the pilings. I prefer to remote control so i don't get complacent. I can react before the waves come. On a brush pile I use spotlock
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 04:27 PM

I wouldn't recommend using spot lock under any bridges with an XI5. It's gonna lose signal at some point and go nuts! I can't see how you could stay in that kayak when it does! scared
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: TexExp

Holy [censored]!
That's a helluva rig you got there.
cool

I thought it was a new Navy War Vessel OMG
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 05:47 PM

clandestine for sure! roflmao

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 06:42 PM

Well thanks Tex. I'd have rather bought a boat but all I have is a car and the wife said no boat in the driveway. I can tow this with the car and it fits in the garage 😁

Believe me, the first time it happened under a bridge I was cussing like a sailor for sure! So now I just work the edge of the bridge with the "anchor". I was just wondering about that taller bridge because it's a long way over there in a kayak.

Fishbonz, now that is freaking funny! Now that you mention it it kind of does.

If it's not too windy Friday morning I'll give it a shot otherwise I'll be over at the Little Elm bridge. I'll be sure to keep my powder dry 😂
Posted By: Juggnblues

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 07:18 PM

Was out there yesterday evening and my I Pilot wound not Anchor up, it might have done better but I was between the two
main pillars trying to get out of the wind.
Posted By: WesTexFisherman

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/13/17 11:36 PM

Awesome rig Bryan! clap
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/14/17 10:40 AM

That kayak needs a liftsaver mount. roflmao
Posted By: Mo

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/14/17 01:33 PM

Have you tried locking just out from under the bridge and casting to the pylons ?

MO
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/14/17 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
That kayak needs a liftsaver mount. roflmao

I know a guy that could hook him up.

Re: Motorguide Pin Point GPS under LL toll bridge - 06/15/17 08:58 PM

Mo, I have tried that with pretty good success. Last time I was out I tried fishing with the slip bobber I'm setting my depth with a slip knot. I think the problem with that was I couldn't feel any sensitive bites or noticed them much because of all the wind. I still use the bobber stop knot. You can get down to a certain depth without counting out one or 2 feet at a time.

Hey Blue, that looks like a nifty little set up but I have the quick release bracket and take the motor off and put it on while it's in the water. If I go back any further I can't open that front hatch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum