Texas Fishing Forum

Great day with family

Posted By: MilesHunter

Great day with family - 05/31/17 01:35 AM

My brother and his family came down from Michigan for the week. My brother and I haven't got to fish together in a long time. All the kids wanted to stay home and play with each other so he and I headed to the lake. It was tough fishing with absolutely NO wind this morning. Still managed to catch about 60 crappie with about half keepers. We kept 22 to have a fish fry. Sorry about the shirtless pic, he said he doesn't get much sun in Michigan lol. It was a blessed day on the water and got even better at home with a full house! This is as close to heaven on earth as I can imagine.

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 02:07 AM

thumb
Looks like the chickens are a big hit also.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 03:26 AM

Very nice! food
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 03:51 AM

It just don't get any better! Lifetime Memories. thumb
Posted By: pepop

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 03:53 AM

OUTSTANDING Miles!! thumb
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 03:25 PM

Those are some good looking chickens!! Chickens and slabs! Sounds like my house!!! thumb

Ours run like heck though! Some little 7 year old chases em all over! roflmao
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Those are some good looking chickens!! Chickens and slabs! Sounds like my house!!! thumb

Ours run like heck though! Some little 7 year old chases em all over! roflmao

Our chickens are pampered. They come running when we step outside cause they know we usually come with a treat. Nothing like getting fresh eggs from your backyard. food
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 06:57 PM

Used to have some chickens next door when the owner kept his horses there. When you clean crappie and those little slivers of meat come off by the fins, those chickens loved those. Every time I came home and cleaned fish, the chickens came running and waited by the cleaning table for the scraps. Soft low cluck while waiting. Really miss those days.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Used to have some chickens next door when the owner kept his horses there. When you clean crappie and those little slivers of meat come off by the fins, those chickens loved those. Every time I came home and cleaned fish, the chickens came running and waited by the cleaning table for the scraps. Soft low cluck while waiting. Really miss those days.

Your welcome to come clean my fish and feed the chickens!!! nuts

I'm about to relocate 11 geese! My crate I've been waiting on just showed up! scared
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Great day with family - 05/31/17 11:44 PM

Gotta love sharing those moments with family!
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Great day with family - 06/01/17 12:15 AM

Awesome and some good memories there. 22 keeps is NOT a bad day! Enjoy the family time and fish fry. flag
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Great day with family - 06/01/17 12:23 AM

That's what it's all about, Family. Glad you all had a great day. I agree on the part about Heaven on Earth.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Great day with family - 06/02/17 11:46 PM

Great job, glad you guys got to fill the thump.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum