Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Map Cards - North Texas Lakes

Posted By: dm_tamu

Lowrance Map Cards - North Texas Lakes - 05/25/17 03:50 AM

I just purchased a Lowrance Elite 12 ti to pair with my XI5 and I wanted some feedback on what map cards the Lowrance users are running. Primarily will use this for crappie fishing in North Texas is why I wanted to get feedback from this group.

Thanks
Posted By: Tgh523

Re: Lowrance Map Cards - North Texas Lakes - 05/25/17 02:08 PM

navionics hotmaps platinum south. So much more detail then lake insigh.
Posted By: Ltcm09

Re: Lowrance Map Cards - North Texas Lakes - 05/26/17 03:12 AM

if you want my honest opinion the map cards from navionics are way over priced.

i suggest using the navionics app on your phone with gps its the exact same thing but only $10 instead of $150
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Lowrance Map Cards - North Texas Lakes - 05/30/17 03:19 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been on vacation the past week and half. Depending on what is important to you, I would go with the Navionics Platinum South($199) or the Nav+ Regions south card($149).
The major differences between the two are the Platinum card has google overlay and 3D capabilities, but if those two features are not important to you, then I would go with the Regions card. It is the exact same Nautical data including the Sonar Chart layer(on both cards), it just does not have the 2 features I mentioned above, which some anglers do not use and can save the $50.

First I would take a look at the Webapp on the Navionics website for free and compare it to any other mapping you are considering to make the best choice for you and where you fish.
http://webapp.navionics.com/#boating
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum