Texas Fishing Forum

More waypoints

Posted By: tboxfish

More waypoints - 05/16/17 12:17 PM

Belinda & I hit the lake yesterday afternoon.
Ran down to where Daniel & I had good luck on Saturday, but the wind was blowing straight across the flat.
Didn't stop Belinda from getting her THUMP on, but constantly having to run the trolling motor and wanting to fish a 1/24oz jig head,
I wasn't able to get in the game much bang

We left there and headed for a protected bank just inside a major cove, started graphing in 12-18 fow, instantly found laydowns loaded with dots cheers

Now I was able to catch up with her on the catch ratio hooked clap

We'd catch 5-6, then take off graphing again, find some structure with fish, throw out a bouy, stick some more, repeat woot

On the last spot, I said, "Ok, 1 more each and I'm done!"
I instantly stuck a good black and Belinda missed one....I laughed and said "Let's go"
Belinda said "NO, I DIDN'T GET MINE!"
Within a minute, Belinda was swinging a good White over the side of the boat, hooping & hollering like she had just won the lottery roflmao

She said "Look, a Dr Pepper can will fit in it's mouth.......Sad thing was that it was my drink that I hadn't finished yet realmad bang

Here's the remains of what we used to catch all our fish, Copper Mine Slab Bug... missing an arm & tail

Ended up with 34 for a Birthday Fish Fry I was voted to cook for this Saturday food

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 12:22 PM

great report and story thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 12:27 PM

Get Ya Some!! banana clap
Posted By: JackieF

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 12:42 PM

thumb
Posted By: Tgh523

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 12:55 PM

thumb awesomeness!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 02:45 PM

Good work! cheers
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 03:09 PM

It sure is nice when your wife likes to fish too. We enjoy it. Congrats on your keeper you got in Belinda. cheers
Posted By: red snappa

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 04:45 PM

I am concerned for the fish drinking after you! banana On a serious note, great job! That Copper Mine is one awesome color combo for crappie!
Posted By: crope1

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 08:30 PM

poor slab bug....it did its job though.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: More waypoints - 05/16/17 10:00 PM

clap
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: More waypoints - 05/17/17 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: red snappa
I am concerned for the fish drinking after you! banana On a serious note, great job! That Copper Mine is one awesome color combo for crappie!

roflmao poor crappie thought getting yanked out the lake was the worst part of his day!! He was wrong!!!
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: More waypoints - 05/18/17 03:03 AM

Great report.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: More waypoints - 05/18/17 03:16 AM

Awesome post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Pappa K

Re: More waypoints - 05/18/17 12:45 PM

banana bananaNice Catch!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum