Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 11:09 AM

I know I've been kind of quiet this year, but it has been a crazy year so far! Between fishing everyday, coaching tball, and moving into our new house last week, I haven't had time for anything else! But let's get to the fishing... Ray Roberts is fiinally where I like it! The next few months are the best months of the year to catch fish. I have still been catching some in 2 ft of water but for the most part all of my fish are coming from deeper water. 12-22 ft of water is what I'm targeting. I've been using jigs mostly myself. Depending on what the sustainer wants to use it's either a minnow or a Bonehead stump bug. They are thumping jigs really well this year so far. I also am no longer driving to Fork to catch big fish. Ray Roberts is really putting out a lot of 2 pounders this year. I just wanted to touch base here and give everyone a little Report. If anyone is wanting to go out on a half day or a working mans trip, give me a call or text, no emails please. Id love to take you guys out! Here's a few pics of some of the recent trips!
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 11:50 AM

Awesome Cody. Those are some really good slabs. cheers
Posted By: DLT

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 03:29 PM

Those are nice fish. Good report Thanks clap
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 05:02 PM

You cant go wrong with Cody he will put you on the fish.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 05:20 PM

Dang nice fish Cody! cheers
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors
I know I've been kind of quiet this year, but it has been a crazy year so far!

I've been waiting on your report. Sounds like you're still on'em. thumb

Planning on fishing Pecan or Buck on Monday with some family. We'll see how it goes.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 08:14 PM

Nice five gallon bucket full. RR is a good crappie lake.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/11/17 08:24 PM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/12/17 02:12 AM

I swear Cody can smell 'em in the water. roflmao
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/12/17 05:19 PM

banana thumb

Good to hear about RayBob. I'm mostly at my slips at 121 on Lewisville, but my buddy who fishes Roberts says he's about ready to go hit some piles on the lake. Sounds like they are producing. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/14/17 03:02 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum