Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie counter

Posted By: lmbr

Crappie counter - 04/12/17 02:50 AM

A few years ago there was a jig maker (I can't remember his name) who made a counter from parachute cord and beads. He had to retire for health reason and sold his business to Jerry's Jigs. I am looking for one of that type of crappie counters. Anyone know where or who makes them now?

hooked
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 04:02 AM

I got some from the guy at Brushpilejigs.com. However, I do not see them on his web site at the moment.

Might I recommend going to Amazon and type in the search window Blue Cell Handheld Tally Counter.

You can buy an individual one or a 5 pack. They are plastic so there is no weight to them.
These are what I use now and I like them better than the bead counter in all honesty.

Well worth the money.

Good Luck.
Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 04:04 AM

One of these days I will need this
Posted By: crope1

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 05:41 AM

The person you are referring to is Mr. Matthew Carroll aka jigum jigs. Hey,I know a guy,let me check with him....
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 12:36 PM

Agree with Hogon. This is what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LPN2242/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: crope1
Hey,I know a guy,let me check with him....

LOL, you might know TWO guys......

These are simple to make, but the beads/paracord come in BIG packs. I made 30-40 and have enough components to make at least that many more.

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 12:59 PM

LOL,..my wife knows exactlay howmany we caught.. fish
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 02:38 PM

I got a clicker years ago at Racket and Jog in Tyler. I don't racket or jog but the clicker is still going strong! Now operator error has come into play on occasion but nothing I can blame on the clicker!! roflmao
Posted By: crappieScout Calvin

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 03:24 PM

If you use an iPhone, I wrote a counter app (EZ Count) some years ago. I think it's still in the app store.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 05:06 PM

Mathew Carrol
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikeyb_23
One of these days I will need this

That was my thought.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 05:57 PM

Your post seems to have gone sideways! LOL. roflmao
I sent you a PM
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 10:59 PM

lmbr the counters in RedGun's post are actually some that I had made and posted of the forum. If you are interested in some send me a PM
Posted By: stoney79

Re: Crappie counter - 04/12/17 11:14 PM

Do they make one with 5 beads
That's about my limit
Posted By: shutupandfish

Re: Crappie counter - 04/13/17 04:59 AM

They are pretty easy to make if you want to do that. Just Google "bead crappie counter" and there are several videos that show you how to make them. you can pick up the beads at walmart or any craft store.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Crappie counter - 04/13/17 10:53 AM

not there any more
Originally Posted By: crappieScout Calvin
If you use an iPhone, I wrote a counter app (EZ Count) some years ago. I think it's still in the app store.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Crappie counter - 04/13/17 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: shutupandfish
They are pretty easy to make if you want to do that. Just Google "bead crappie counter" and there are several videos that show you how to make them. you can pick up the beads at walmart or any craft store.

THIS!!!! I used heavy braid and beads from craft dept. and a heavy swivel. No fancy stuff! Don't make things so hard!!! banana This is my October one!!!!! HHHHaaaaa!!!!!!!

Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie counter - 04/13/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: river-rat
Mathew Carrol

Matthew carrol is the guy you want to talk to...he didn't make them, but remembers who does...I met the folks who made them and ordered a couple dozen from them at a GTG on Palestine or Cedar Creek...the lady who made them was really nice person, I just wish I could remember her name (or her husbands)...if you want one in Aggie colors or horned frog colors, I probably got an extra laying around unused!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie counter - 04/13/17 03:11 PM

I found their name and will send you a PM.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum