Texas Fishing Forum

Crappiefest Results

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 01:42 AM

What a tournament. Amazing to see what can be done when you put a bunch of good crappie fishermen and fisher ladies on a good lake like Fork. There were 326 entries including 25 junior anglers. There were 275 fish brought to the scales.

The juniors had a blast as usual and everyone took home tackle packs and gift cards. The top winners in the junior divisions received tickets to venues like Six Flags, Medieval Times, and some I don't recall. Lots of smiles from the kids as you can imagine.

Big fish was a 2.93 caught by Ed Rathbun of OK. Ed is a long time friend of Bill Muntz and was down for some fishing fun on Belton Lake early this week and then headed to Fork with Bill for Crappiefest. That big crappie netted Ed $5,000.

There were plenty of big fish brought to the scales and it took 2.34 to place 10th this year. And on the other end of the scale, Andrea Smiley took home $500 with a crappie that bumped the scales at .45 lbs.

Once the leader board hit 2.34 for big fish at 10th place, most people started weighing closest too fish. There were many more fish just over 2 lbs that didn't get weighed.

Fish were caught all over the lake on all types of baits. I was way too busy to get particulars.

CAT appreciates all those that entered and congratulations to all the winners. Special thanks to Lake Fork Trophy Lures for use of their facility in Emory for the weigh in. And a big thanks to all the sponsors and Alec Dyer, Star Industries, for his gracious support of Carppeifest. The big fish bonus for a fish over 3 lbs was not claimed this year. That bonus is provided by Lone Star Fork Lift and will most likely be increased next year. So start thinking now about how you're going to win that bonus in 2018.

Here's the leader board for big fish.

And here's the closest too board. There was a 6 way tie for 1.75. Truly amazing. And a lot of fish at 1.77-1.78

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 01:52 PM

True showing of this fantastic fishery! Impressed with the number of unspawned fish!
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 02:45 PM

Congratulations to all the winners. Big thanks to all involved in putting Crappiefest together,I know it's a lot of hard work. Thanks again to everyone you guys rock!!!
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 03:44 PM

What a fun tournament. Thanks for all the hard work putting it together and to all the sponsors who make it possible.
I love Fork and I love fishing for a few big bites! Those big fish will set down on it when you put it in front of one.
Going back Friday and can't wait!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 04:06 PM

Congrats to all Board Members and volunteers for putting together such a great event. Also congrats to all that placed somewhere along the pay-scale. My 2.05 held up in the top 10 for just a short while bang

I caught fish Friday/Saturday from 10'-25' FOW on a black/chart Rocky Top big bait. Friday I had 17 fish in the 1.5 # range and on Saturday I had 8 fish in the upper 1 # and 2 # range. My better fish came from 20' FOW.
Like Jerry mentioned....The big fish would knock the snot off it.

Fun event and I am looking forward to next year. What a great turn out and Lake Fork Tackle was a very good choice for the weigh-in. Ronnie and Ann are always a joy to be around. Thank you Lake Fork Tackle for your hospitality.

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 06:05 PM

Ed and I got to the weigh-in about 10am. We fished a couple hours and then came in, loaded up and prepped everything for the ride back home. Standing on that asphalt for 6hrs my 12½ boots felt like 15½s. Ed hasn't fished for a couple years. He comes down every 2-3 years to go fish a little with me and get some fillets to take back home.
Here is an oldie fishing picture of us!

Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 06:19 PM

Thanks again to all the sponsors and everybody that puts it on!! So cool to watch this event grow every year!! clap
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 06:27 PM

Great event and good people. I have already had two people that I had invited to fish with me yesterday but backed out, call me and tell me they will fish it next year.
One more thank you to everyone that makes this such a special event.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
Ed and I got to the weigh-in about 10am. We fished a couple hours and then came in, loaded up and prepped everything for the ride back home. Standing on that asphalt for 6hrs my 12½ boots felt like 15½s. Ed hasn't fished for a couple years. He comes down every 2-3 years to go fish a little with me and get some fillets to take back home.
Here is an oldie fishing picture of us!

That's awesome and he walked away with 1st place because of your expert guiding! Had to be, right??
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 07:11 PM

Hate that I had to work. I will make it out there one year when I get a boat and don't have to work.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/02/17 07:30 PM

Fun Times great to hear the good stories. Awesome job guys!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/03/17 01:13 AM

That was an excellent turn out. jaydon,Rhonda,ken,pat ,Paul ,bill and lane. My hats off to you guys, for over 300 people that ran very smoothly. I love that lake can't wait until Thursday to go back for masters.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/03/17 11:49 AM

Ken, do you know how many 2lb or over including the top 10 that were weighed in?
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/03/17 12:12 PM

Had a blast. Thanks to all that helped setup this great event. Can't wait till next year..
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/03/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os
Ken, do you know how many 2lb or over including the top 10 that were weighed in?

I didn't print the list this year so I can't count it. I'll see if Rhonda will look up the number.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Crappiefest Results - 04/03/17 03:18 PM

Congrats to all! What a turn out this year. I wish I weren't in Oklahoma now!
thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum