Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Tournament Belton Results

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/18/17 10:47 PM

After the cold front hit early this week, the fishing pattern changed considerably. Today after some south wind returned and temps warmed again, things started to get back to "normal", if there is a normal for spring time. The cold front dropped water temps 5 degrees by the time I got to pre-fish Thur. Today water temp was back to 65-66 main lake but a little cooler in the creeks.
Plenty of fish were caught today.
DIV I had 13 teams and 16 entered in DIV II. Good to see some new faces in DIV II.
Most fish were caught in 6-15 FOW on brush and timber. Color of jig didn't seem to matter; we fished black and orange most of the time and the second place DIV I team fished the Thermocline GoTo tadpole which is chart/white and white hot thump jumper (frog) from Constant Pursuit Outfitters. There were 7 teams weighing in more than 9 lbs. That is impressive for Belton.
Max Jordan decided to take a break from the tournament grind this year but he fished Belton with Melvin Chupik and they took first in DIV II with 9.20 and big fish 1.86.
Todd and I started slow but the day kept improving and we ended with the largest 7 fish I've ever weighed in at Belton at 11.04 with big fish 1.96.

There's some impressive big fish on the leader board in both divisions with 14 fish over 1.40 lbs.
Here's the leader boards.

DIV II

DIV I

Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/18/17 11:29 PM

Congrats to all involved....
Posted By: draftgear

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 01:50 AM

Congrats Ken awesome weight on Belton
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 01:55 AM

Congrats, looks like quite a few figured it out, we sure didn't.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 03:03 AM

As much as I whined about going down there we had a blast!! Probsbly caught between 200-300 fish in 3 days. caught fish everywhere we went! Had over 9 pounds Thursday and was right there again Friday so felt like we had a chance anyhow! Every year CAT has taken us to a lake I would never go to otherwise and I leave wanting to go back!! Put Belton on that list! Pretty lake and hungry white crappie!! Time to start thinking about Big Sam now!! fish

Congrats again on destroying us all Ken and Todd! cheers
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 03:18 AM

Nice work CAT! Sounds like the lake level dropped from all the meat taken out.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 03:42 AM

Congrats boys!
Posted By: crope1

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 05:17 AM

congrats to all participants!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 02:31 PM

Congrats Ken and Todd very impressive stringer. max, truston and Eric as well that was a very tight finish. For only 3 hours of prefishing this lake we were pretty satisfied with a 4th place finish. We caught a lot of small fish most of the day and found an area holding good sized females later in the day but ran out of time. Belton is a beautiful lake we will be back for sure, see y'all at fork!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/19/17 05:41 PM

Thanks Slewfoot. Having fished this lake since it filled, you and Clay coming in with 10.27 lbs is incredible, just incredible.

Thanks Tx ThumpAddict. Belton is a beautiful lake and there was a good turnout for this one. The fish cooperated Sat and I think everyone had a good time catching fish. Weights were impressive for a lake in the blackland limestone country.

A bunch of the guys were staying at BLORA on the Cowhouse Creek arm and there was a heck of a crawfish boil over there Thur night. I saw some guys who can really peel a tail faster than I thought was possible. And eat some crawfish we did. Plenty of fishing stories that night. One of the best parts of these tournaments is the camaraderie.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/21/17 12:26 PM

Yall had a perfect day for fishing, windy as heck the day before, and started back up on Sunday and hasn't stopped eeks

Congrats to those who did well thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: CAT Tournament Belton Results - 03/23/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: draftgear
Congrats Ken awesome weight on Belton

Tbox is an animal on game day! taz fish hooked

Of course, Belinda may have been disappointed not to get to fish... wife

Looks like there were some nice stringers produced...good job cheer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum