Texas Fishing Forum

Graham Lake

Posted By: snake oil

Graham Lake - 03/17/17 04:40 PM

The crappie bite is on big time...........
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Graham Lake - 03/17/17 07:19 PM

I figured Jerry T. in Newcastle would have some input on this one.

Young County is a long ways, but sounds like y'all are slaying em'.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Graham Lake - 03/17/17 07:43 PM

I tried dock shooting pretty much all day last Saturday, at Graham. Never got a nibble. The lake is still pretty muddy. I did catch 2 down at the inlet, so at least it was not a total loss that day.

Re: Graham Lake - 03/17/17 08:39 PM

Be windy, but this weekend should be much warmer y'all. May be a different story this weekend. I'm working nights through Thursday morning, so I'm not fishing until about this time next week. Good luck.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Graham Lake - 03/18/17 02:05 PM

We haven't been catching anything at the crappie house on Lake Eddelman. Its been 3 weeks since
we had a good bite. I talked to some people fishing the 2nd bridge and they aren't catching anything
to speak of there either. I don't know if this is part of the problem but we had a pack of 75 to 100
Cormorants come by our dock at Lot 30.

Johnny
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Graham Lake - 03/18/17 03:05 PM

Tom: It has to be better than PK though. I fished jigs all day yesterday and all I caught was LM Bass, Stripers and one big ole carp. Never knew carp would hit a jig. I thought I had the lake record crappie for a moment.

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 01:41 AM

I fished Graham today, all over the lake, and no one was catching anything to talk about. I PM'd snake oil and he never replied. Was asking what area of the lake they were being caught in. I caught 2 and one had a sore, so I did not want to eat that. Graham will probably turn on big time in about 2 more weeks if the weather stays warm. Right now the lake is pretty cloudy, with being very muddy at the bridges where the creeks flow into it. Graham had 3 inches of rain about 4 weeks ago and water has not recovered clear yet.
LOL PK on that large white crappie. I reckon that was fun though. LOL machinist, I had to look up what a Cormorant is. Did not know the name of that. There were a few on the poles at the inlet. One of them last week nearly pooped on a friend of mine, and he swore the bird did it on purpose.
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 02:37 AM

Snake Oil is selling us all snake oil! I guarantee it isn't "on" anywhere in the area just yet....trollers is what I say...and not the fishing kind.

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 01:24 PM

Guess ya never know, Slab these days.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 02:14 PM

Tom: We are getting a lot of Cormorants down by the PK dam and in neely slough. We have tons of threadfin and gizard shad very shallow. I was catching shad yesterday in about 4 feet. Every once in a while I'd get a big gizzard in with the threadfins. I think those nasty cormorants are eating the shad and that's why we have so many of them.
Posted By: sapalmer

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 08:07 PM

Graham is a horrible crappie lake.......too many stripers.......

Re: Graham Lake - 03/19/17 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: sapalmer
Graham is a horrible crappie lake.......too many stripers.......

Yeah, that's the ticket. Keep spreading that news. More for me.

Re: Graham Lake - 03/20/17 04:01 PM

We are catching them off my neighbors dock in about 14' of water on minnows. They don't start untill about 2:30 pm and usually bite till about 5:00.Saturday the wind was out of the east and the bite was real slow.....Only caught 3 keepers.
Posted By: neilmc

Re: Graham Lake - 04/03/17 03:33 AM

Anybody been back out there?
Just wondering if north end is still muddy?

Re: Graham Lake - 03/14/18 06:33 PM

Bringing this back from the dead. Anybody catching any?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum