Texas Fishing Forum

If there's a happier person on Earth right now...

Posted By: Jacob

If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 04:35 AM

I'd like to meet them. Can't wait to get this bad boy on the boat!

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 04:37 AM

cheersWTG Jacob
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 04:44 AM

You are going to absolutely love it! Congrats! cheers
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 05:07 AM

Congrats!
I'm jealous!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 11:55 AM

Congratulations! You are will be shooting docks with your feet in the water. If it isn't working as expected, just put the prop on.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Congratulations! You are will be shooting docks with your feet in the water. If it isn't working as expected, just put the prop on.

eeks
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 01:33 PM

So with the new fangled things, you just put the foot pedal anywhere and it Blue tooths the signal to the unit?

Proud to see you got a new trolling motor, Jacob. Right here at the beginning of the season.
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

roflmao
Ordered one myself this week, I will have to remember that crucial step!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 04:00 PM

The machete prop works better than the safari. Just an FYI. Also, don't forget to order a Cannondale Lefty handle to make stowing and deploying easier.

Lefty
Posted By: moonriver

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 06:40 PM

thumb
Posted By: jp24

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 08:14 PM

Big-time congrats! Have had mine a couple months and LOVE IT!!
Posted By: jiggerman

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 10:19 PM

Oh yeah, you da man. Happy B-day. I want to see it work.

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 10:36 PM

Got it installed today! Thanks again to David at Shut-Up-And-Fish and Ron with his LiftSaver bracket! What a great product!

Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/25/17 11:46 PM

That's awesome Jacob! cheers
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/26/17 12:08 AM

Looks very nice Jacob. You done good.

I will drop the handle in the mail Monday morning.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Welcome back anytime!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/26/17 12:22 AM

Nice looking install Jacob. That Liftsaver and Xi5 are awesome!
Posted By: Davedave

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/26/17 12:59 AM

Congrats Jacob. You will like it. Once you get it figured out, you will love it.

Now, to other bidness. Is that a drum next to the boat? If so, do you take that on the boat with you? Do you bang on that drum when it's time to go to the next spot, or every time you catch a fish? How does that drum work with crappie fishing? I have been crappie fishing without a drum. Am I missing out?

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/26/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
Congrats Jacob. You will like it. Once you get it figured out, you will love it.

Now, to other bidness. Is that a drum next to the boat? If so, do you take that on the boat with you? Do you bang on that drum when it's time to go to the next spot, or every time you catch a fish? How does that drum work with crappie fishing? I have been crappie fishing without a drum. Am I missing out?

Y'all don't know about that new Mr. Crappie Hydrowave? Just bang on that thing a few times, and they come runnin!
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/26/17 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave

Gotta use the right bait if you wanna catch drum.
roflmao
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/27/17 03:34 PM

Jacob,

Glad you like the LiftSaver and it looks like you did an awesome job on the install. I'm glad it took out the flex in your bow and looking at the pictures, you probably would have had the Xi5 hitting the trailer during launching (but not now). I like how you got the control head within the side of your boat and it covered all the existing holes nicely.

Ron

If anyone would like to take a look at the LiftSaver, you can go to www.liftsavertmmount.com and see the videos, check out the reviews and pictures and even order your own LiftSaver right on the website. You can also PM me on here if you have any questions.

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/27/17 03:59 PM

I also offer four different LiftSavers to fit various budgets or requirements.

LiftSaver Basic (unfinished or black powder coated) which stays permanently mounted on your bow/boat (you can still remove your TM if needed (for servicing) without having to go back under the bow).

LiftSaver Plus (unfinished or black powder coated) which has a 'Quick Detach Plate' so you can remove four nuts and remove your TM/LiftSaver if you store your boat in outside storage of have to stay overnight at the lake/hotel.

The LiftSaver also works with the Minn Kota Terrova, Ulterra and Riptide trolling motors. You simply remove the back brace and the LiftSaver will lay completely flat when retracted and provides 6 3/4" of retraction.

A customer sent me a picture and said his cover will now fit once he installed the LiftSaver so yet another advantage.

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/27/17 08:30 PM

Yes, the fiberglass in my bow was rocking back and forth when I had just my 55lb thrust motor on there. I was really nervous about it cracking with this 80lb thrust motor, but the bracket spaces out the force so much that it doesn't even budge AT ALL anymore. I gave it full power and made some hard left and right turns. It's solid as a rock. Without the liftsaver I would have definitely had to visit the fiberglass shop.

Re: If there's a happier person on Earth right now... - 02/27/17 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
Yes, the fiberglass in my bow was rocking back and forth when I had just my 55lb thrust motor on there. I was really nervous about it cracking with this 80lb thrust motor, but the bracket spaces out the force so much that it doesn't even budge AT ALL anymore. I gave it full power and made some hard left and right turns. It's solid as a rock. Without the liftsaver I would have definitely had to visit the fiberglass shop.

That's what I like to hear. Happy it all worked out for you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum