Texas Fishing Forum

Spider Rigging on Lake Fork

Posted By: tboxfish

Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:09 AM

Yesterday, Belinda & I got another late morning start.

The wind was blowing a little, but laid after an hour or so cheers

We found the fish in 33 fow, after a bit, I was wishing that I had rigged my other 2 14' rods
I believe I can fish with 3-4 rods now myself.

The fishing was slow, but what a beautiful winter day to be on the water thumb

The drift paddles on my power poles helped steady the boat and control the slow speed.

We ended up with 19, 2 Toads, largest weighted 2.14 & 1.91 the next day - No short fish were caught and only 6 bar fish

Spider rigging will never replace my love of probing the brush for the THUMP,
but I can see the usefulness of this method of fishing.
And if the conditions are nice like yesterday, it was a relaxing way to fish cool

All fish were caught on 2 & 3" Tadpoles tipped with minnows peep , with over half of mine coming on that Custom Magnum Tadpole I did for you Kirk thumb

Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:12 AM

How fast was you trolling?

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:15 AM

.2-.3 mph, but a lot of the bites came from stopping and once the line settled down straight, take back off again and they'd hit it.
Thanks Gamblinman for that tip thumb
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:57 AM

I'd pay money to see Belindas face threading minnows onto a jig!!! roflmao

Good stuff buddy!!! thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
.2-.3 mph, but a lot of the bites came from stopping and once the line settled down straight, take back off again and they'd hit it.
Thanks Gamblinman for that tip thumb

thumb

Nice fish. How much did your top 7 weigh?

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 01:34 AM

excellente senior', cowboy
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 02:39 AM

Great job guys!!
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 03:30 AM

Nice haul
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 03:42 AM

Did I just read the "M" word in one of Todd's post?
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 03:50 AM

Now that you let the CAT out of the bag Todd, that bait has been awesome for me this winter. Told ya it was a good one. The big fish love it.

I will get around to posting some pictures soon.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:53 PM

Your going to have to sanitize the "Crappie Beast" before I get back down there to fish with you! I've done heard it all now....minnows you say?! roflmao roflmao
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Now that you let the CAT out of the bag Todd, that bait has been awesome for me this winter. Told ya it was a good one. The big fish love it.

I will get around to posting some pictures soon.
HE didn't say anything about a CAT...I do believe he let the minnow out of the bucket tho....hahah.

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: red snappa
Your going to have to sanitize the "Crappie Beast" before I get back down there to fish with you! I've done heard it all now....minnows you say?! roflmao roflmao

Back when I used to frequent the oval dirt track races, I almost always heard this term in the pits - "You gotta Cheat to Compete!" thumb

The whole purpose behind the Spider rigging trips was to become a better rounded tournament fisherman, if there's good wood to fish, that's what I'll be doing nannyboo

Trust me, you'll get very bored waiting at the bait shop to see me buying minnows for my everyday use roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: TexY3TI

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 01:35 PM

About how many minnows did you go through on that trip...I always buy WAAAAAAAAY too many and end up dumping a bunch at the end of the trip, but I don't wanna be the guy on the lake with my son who "runs out" of minnows.

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Yetiguy
About how many minnows did you go through on that trip...I always buy WAAAAAAAAY too many and end up dumping a bunch at the end of the trip, but I don't wanna be the guy on the lake with my son who "runs out" of minnows.

Bought 1/2 of a pound and have a dozen left.
Posted By: cellis

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 02:17 PM

Nice post, Todd. Congrats on the haul, too.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 05:39 PM

I see the eyes are bugged pretty good on the two toads,Its always the big ones that the eyes bug out on and die on me mad
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Yetiguy

I can't name the times we've had to call the bait shop and have more minnows delivered. LOL. soon as someone was coming out to fish, they would bring us more minnows. We always gave them some BBQ for their trouble. Good times with my dad... I miss them more now than ever.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/18/17 06:48 PM

Good fish Todd!!

Way to broaden your crappie catching arsenal. cool
Posted By: SK.

Re: Spider Rigging on Lake Fork - 01/19/17 04:10 PM

That's what I love about catchn crappie.....if you pay attention to what you had goin on when you caught your 1st if you repeat you'll be calling on #25 in short order.....
.2 to .3mph with a pause....great attention to detail.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum