Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine solid mud!

Posted By: hawghoover

Grapevine solid mud! - 01/17/17 12:22 PM

its up 2' and muddy.iv never caught Crappie in muddy water...have you???
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Grapevine solid mud! - 01/17/17 12:57 PM

Yep. I go to a dark color and use a jig head with a spinner. Muddy or not, they have to eat.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine solid mud! - 01/17/17 02:41 PM

I saw that. Really is going to be slow slow fishing till the water clears. I went yesterday and turned around and went home. I have had very minimal luck fishing choco milk water that is usually clear. With more heavy rain coming later today and tonight, It will be at least 2 weeks before the water clears enough to do any good.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Grapevine solid mud! - 01/17/17 02:58 PM

yep i think you are right...its been slow there for about 2 weeks for some reason and this will set it back about 2 weeks!
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
I saw that. Really is going to be slow slow fishing till the water clears. I went yesterday and turned around and went home. I have had very minimal luck fishing choco milk water that is usually clear. With more heavy rain coming later today and tonight, It will be at least 2 weeks before the water clears enough to do any good.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Grapevine solid mud! - 01/18/17 12:12 AM

Buddy went bass fishing in Birch yesterday, he said it was chocolate milk in the back
Posted By: P_102

Re: Grapevine solid mud! - 01/18/17 12:25 AM

Spent about 3 hours on it today, caught 11. Fish I graphed at 18 ft. had lockjaw, ones I graphed at 11-12 were better.

P_102
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum