Texas Fishing Forum

How to find crappie from the bank

Posted By: tpvegas2213

How to find crappie from the bank - 01/10/17 04:51 PM

Hi I am new at this and live in Tyler and was wondering where I can go to try and get a few crappie to cook up every now and then and what techniques should I use
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/10/17 05:05 PM

i would find a creek that feeds into a lake near you. Right now is a real good time to catch them from the bank besides during the spawn.
Posted By: Poboy K.

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/10/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: iluvfishin
i would find a creek that feeds into a lake near you. Right now is a real good time to catch them from the bank besides during the spawn.

I concur. Take a small jig 16" below a bobber and cast it next to ANYTHING you see ( above or below the waterline).

You can also use a crappie rig with minnows below a bobber.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/10/17 10:33 PM

What kind of drink should I use around Palestine
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/11/17 10:09 PM

I have always thrown a bobber with a jig under it, throw it close to trees, brush and watch the bobber, move it slooooow.

Good luck.

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/11/17 11:14 PM

My post was supposed to be what kind of jig should I use around Palestine
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: How to find crappie from the bank - 01/12/17 01:22 AM

Same jigs you would use on any lake, and around the type cover and structure described in previous posts on this thread, and presented in the manner recommended.
FishinAholic just posted a video of creek fishing with jig and bobber in the bank section. That is a turorial on this technique if I've ever seen one! Fish on nearly every cast, all sizes!

Rudy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum