Texas Fishing Forum

Let's talk fishing marinas

Posted By: JWfish

Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/15/16 09:34 PM

Always liked Navarro Mills and am a newby to Bardwell. Looking to keep my love of the thump alive and expand my Marina choices. Boat is temporarily out of commission and considering a pontoon, so I'm stuck on land for a bit. Anyone know of good Fishing Barges at Lake Palestine or lake Fork? Richland Chambers is my closest lake, but I don't think they have had one in recent years? Anyone know of any Good fishing Marinas, south or east of the metro-mess?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/15/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: JWfish
Always liked Navarro Mills and am a newby to Bardwell. Looking to keep my love of the thump alive and expand my Marina choices. Boat is temporarily out of commission and considering a pontoon, so I'm stuck on land for a bit. Anyone know of good Fishing Barges at Lake Palestine or lake Fork? Richland Chambers is my closest lake, but I don't think they have had one in recent years? Anyone know of any Good fishing Marinas, south or east of the metro-mess?

Goody`s Marina, formerly known as Del Ray,at Towakoni is a good one and although It`s not enclosed Sunset Cove can be very productive at RC. I almost forgot about Duck Creek Marina @ Towakoni also.
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/16/16 12:11 AM

Stupid question here.....
What is a "fishing marina"? I assume one that let's you fish it's docks????

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/16/16 12:32 AM

popcorn popcorn

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/16/16 08:52 PM

Come in different forms. Most are "pay to fish" docks either open or enclosed. They can also Marinas that offer boat storage and brushed stalls for Crappie Fisherman. Most have lighted piers, tackle and bait shop on premises. The ones at Navarro Mills and Lake Bardwell are very popular, just looking to expand my selection.

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/16/16 08:56 PM

Thanks, RC is a short 15 min drive. I will check it out, A few years back, there was a terrific covered fishing pier at Northshore Harbor, but they either moved it or tore it down for more boat storage. What a shame!
Posted By: DPDALAN

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/19/16 03:08 PM

Anybody been to Navarro mills? It was closed forever from the flooding. I heard new management was there and the price doubled.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/19/16 04:08 PM

I have done well at Goodys' in the past.
Caught a limit the week before the super bowl last year, went back four or five more times and never kept more than 7.
Will need to try duck cove again this winter...
Have been catching a few in the boat slips at anchor inn lately.
It will be time to hit the creeks soon as the shad either go very deep or very shallow

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/19/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: kodys'papa
I have done well at Goodys' in the past.
Caught a limit the week before the super bowl last year, went back four or five more times and never kept more than 7.
Will need to try duck cove again this winter...
Have been catching a few in the boat slips at anchor inn lately.
It will be time to hit the creeks soon as the shad either go very deep or very shallow
Don`t you have to be a slip owner @ Anchor Inn to slip fish??
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Let's talk fishing marinas - 11/20/16 03:08 PM

Yes you do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum