Texas Fishing Forum

In Pursuit on Cedar Creek

Posted By: HooknSlabs35

In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/14/16 03:49 PM

GrenadaSlabs and I hit Cedar Creek Saturday morning in pursuit of some quality slabs, and man what a fun day! We started fishing some columns that were holding fish on the bottom in 15 FOW. We put a few in the box there, then moved onto brush piles around the lake in anywhere from 10-20 FOW. There were some piles that had a lot of dinks and some quality fish, and other piles that had a lot of quality fish with a few dinks. Those Black Crappie sure do hit a jig like a freight train and put up a heck of a fight. I can't tell you how many times one of us would get bit and say, "oh that's a good fish right there", and as soon as it surfaced it would be a 9 3/4" Black Crappie. All of those bad boys fight hard compared to the Whites. We caught close to 100 fish total this day with a lot of unders and some right at 10" that we let live another day. We took home 34 for the grease! food One of the best days I've had on the water this year. The weather and the fishing was phenomenal.

Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/14/16 04:33 PM

Good stuff!! We almost headed there Sat but got a late start so stuck with Stine! Man that's a fun lake. Little man and I are supposed to head that way next Wed am and meet with Chris Webb! Looking forward to it! I think that's both our favorite lake just hard for me to drive over Palestine to get there!! thumb
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/14/16 04:54 PM

That there is a fine example of a black crappie sir thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/14/16 11:34 PM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/15/16 02:29 AM

Nice haul.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: In Pursuit on Cedar Creek - 11/15/16 04:46 AM

Thourghly enjoyed it!