Texas Fishing Forum

Xi5

Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Xi5 - 11/13/16 06:22 PM

Went crappie fishing with Kevin of Downwind Guide Service. We fished LL and Kevin had the Xi5 TM and that thing is a wonder! Kevin worked it like a master. I have a 14' tinny so I will never have one but that thing is amazing!
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Xi5 - 11/13/16 06:50 PM

I have the xi5 gps and it is amazing. I can drop a marker on a waypoint, hit the anchor button from the remote control and it will keep me within a 10 ft radius of that point no matter the wind. Spend a lot more time fishing and do not drift from the waypoint when fighting fish, removing fish, or retying. Worth every penny!
Posted By: fe1

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Eratliff46
I have the xi5 gps and it is amazing. I can drop a marker on a waypoint, hit the anchor button from the remote control and it will keep me within a 10 ft radius of that point no matter the wind. Spend a lot more time fishing and do not drift from the waypoint when fighting fish, removing fish, or retying. Worth every penny!

Just wondering, when you press a waypoint or destination button on the xi5 keypad do have speed control or does it stay in high speed until you reach said destination? I have 2 xi5 s and they run wide open to destination with NO capability to reduce speed other than shutting down!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: fe1

Just wondering, when you press a waypoint or destination button on the xi5 keypad do have speed control or does it stay in high speed until you reach said destination? I have 2 xi5 s and they run wide open to destination with NO capability to reduce speed other than shutting down!

tap, tap, tap, tap and continue to tap the - button. That should reduce your speed.
Posted By: fe1

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 01:05 PM

David if there is no reduction in speed after constant tapping what is the problem? MG has no idea other than replacing the mother board and or gps modules to see if that fixes the problem. I have 2 xi5's with same problem. 1 only been in the water twice with the problem upon installation. Both had the dongle update, newest one had update before installing.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 02:18 PM

Try and re sync the remote.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fe1

i have found it is better to get reasonably close before hitting the preset button
works better for me.

MO
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Xi5 - 11/14/16 04:01 PM

Sorry, I can't help. I don't ever use those presets anyway. I just drop my marker and then look for the pile with my front graph. One thing I have found is that when you hit the lock button it takes a minutes or so to settle down and lock in place. With mine, I am almost always about five feet behind the pile at that point. I usually jog up five feet and I'm right on it. (If it's a big pile, you wouldn't notice anyway.).

I really like this thing. The only problem I'm having now is interference with my front graph since I replaced it. I had pretty well eliminated it with the old one, but it's back with a vengeance on this new one.

Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum