Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Hawkins- crappie information

Posted By: JEST6741

Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/01/16 08:50 PM

Can anyone help me with crappie fishing on lake Hawkins? I like this lake and would like to learn some about it.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/01/16 09:46 PM

Wish I could give you some insight to the crappie bite on Hawkins but I do not have any info on it other than it was the 1st lake my dad introduced me to fishing on. That was for Black Bass at age 5. Was hooked ever since on having a rod in my hand. Always liked Lake Hawkins. It is on my list to hit for crappies so I am watching this thread.....

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/02/16 06:04 PM

Thanks for response
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 12:54 AM

welcome Welcome aboard! There are some fantastic people on here! The lake has very clear water, so chartreuse will serve you well! Most fish the lake late evening and the fish will be scattered. There are always crappie at the bridge!
Posted By: bowfin

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 01:29 AM

Can't help you on the crappie,but it does have a lot of chain pickerel.

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 03:08 PM

Does the lake have white bass in it?
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JEST6741
Does the lake have white bass in it?

No.
Posted By: Ztech

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 04:12 PM

According to the surveys conducted by Texas Inland Fisheries Division, the lake has few Crappie Black or White. In fact it has so few they will no longer survey for them. The most populous species are Sunfish and Bass.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/lake_survey/pwd_rp_t3200_1306/
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Ztech
According to the surveys conducted by Texas Inland Fisheries Division, the lake has few Crappie Black or White. In fact it has so few they will no longer survey for them. The most populous species are Sunfish and Bass.

Do not believe that report. Other lakes state the same thing and are very un-true.
Posted By: Ztech

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 07:36 PM

I have to admit, I have never fished Hawkins. The 7-8 lakes that I do fish, I have found the survey to be spot on for size and general population of species.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/03/16 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish
Originally Posted By: Ztech

Do not believe that report. Other lakes state the same thing and are very un-true.

X2
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lake Hawkins- crappie information - 11/07/16 02:13 AM

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum! good luck fishing Hawkins.
Originally Posted By: JEST6741
Can anyone help me with crappie fishing on lake Hawkins? I like this lake and would like to learn some about it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum