Texas Fishing Forum

Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning

Posted By: Gmann

Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 10/31/16 01:05 PM

Myself, HTDuck and another friend hit Lavon bright and early Sunday morning. Pulled up to where we've been hammering them for the past couple days and were not disappointed.

Over the next 5 hours, but 75 in the box with at least 4 fish just at or just over 2lbs, and most of the others averaging 11-13 inches. Probably threw another 80-100 small fish back. Was split about 50/50 on jigs and minnows with most of the dinks caught on minnows. Hand tied baitfish jigs from Redgun were the flavor of the day, literally non stop action all morning. 15' - 22' right off the bottom. fish
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 10/31/16 03:53 PM

Sunday was HOT HOT HOT.
My oldest son and two buddies put a whippin on the crappie out there as well. 75 came home, some real solid fish in the mix

Camo G3, keep an eye on those boys for me grin
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 10/31/16 04:13 PM

We were fishing with Gmann & company. Pulled up about 30 min after they got there.

The part than amazed me was the fact that ALL of our fish were caught in about a 20 yard area. thumb
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 10/31/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Los Lagos
Sunday was HOT HOT HOT.
My oldest son and two buddies put a whippin on the crappie out there as well. 75 came home, some real solid fish in the mix

My son Luke was one of the boys. They had some nice fish.
Posted By: Desull

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/01/16 12:14 AM

It was a great day and perfect weather. I was the brother in the blue tracker. I passed by all of yall.
Posted By: koobycrappie

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/01/16 02:41 AM

That's a bunch o fish in a short period of time! Good work! thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/01/16 01:54 PM

Yes Sir, put a whoppin on them Slabzillas.

bow_down
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/01/16 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
Sunday was HOT HOT HOT.

Yes sir, Adam is my oldest son, he was excited to be fishing with new friends. He spends alot of time on that lake and is consistently productive, he tends to bass fish more than crappie fish overall. Look forward to meeting you sometime soon.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/01/16 07:37 PM

cheers
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Put a whoopin' on 'em Sunday morning - 11/02/16 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
Sunday was HOT HOT HOT.

Yes sir, Adam is my oldest son, he was excited to be fishing with new friends. He spends alot of time on that lake and is consistently productive, he tends to bass fish more than crappie fish overall. Look forward to meeting you sometime soon.

I have seen him several times. Watched him catch some bass one day as he came by us Crappie fishing. Sounds like a good kid. Glad Luke got to go fish with him.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum