Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing in Sherman Texas

Posted By: bassfinder78155

Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 06:49 AM

Been fishing a local community pond these average about 2 pounds a piece. I was using minnows they do not like dead minnows seems like they like a lot of action. I want to get away from minnows and use lures/jigs. They are holding in tall structure so cant use small rattle traps or anything like that any suggestions would be good.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 10:19 AM

Man those are beautiful...what are you calling tall structure? Explain the structure/cover in more detail and I bet someone could help out.

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 10:34 AM

ok well its not really structure where i am catching them is at a concrete overflow it is only 16 ft deep that is the deepest it gets they are suspended about 9 foot. so you can only go vertical they are holding tight to the structure tried fishing out away from it but no luck. I will see if i can find a picture to post with the others

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 10:56 AM

Ok this is the structure i was talking about in this pic they drained the lake water is just under where concrete starts to taper on top portion of overflow the are hanging under that structure this is the only place i have found them no further out at all.

Posted By: Mac817

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 11:24 AM

Nice report bassfinder! Very consice information! Thanks
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 11:28 AM

Are you fishing in a boat or casting from the bank.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/26/16 12:29 PM

Nice toads thumb
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/27/16 10:37 AM

Nice,if you're fishing from the bank try a slip cork and use the wind to position it. Should produce a Slabfest. By the way you will probably be sharing this honey hole now!

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/27/16 10:45 AM

Im fishing from my kayak. Its ok i can share dont get there as often as i want.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/27/16 01:52 PM

Looks like an ideal setup for vertical jigging or swimming the jig especially on cloudless days. Size and colors TBD. You are in the right place for suggestions. The experts on here are very willing to help out.
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: Fishing in Sherman Texas - 10/27/16 02:05 PM

I fish Herman Baker and they do the same thing. There is a concreete overflow tower on the side of the pond that has the dam. The tower is roughly 15-20 feet from the dam. Crappie will hunker near it and can be caught on earth worm and minnow or on different jigs. If you are wanting to switch to jigs, then deffinatley try an assortment of crappie jigs...I have seemed to have the best luck with an crappie jig with red trailer feather. This site has great deals on all sorts of bait/tackle and the link will show you the jig I am talking about: http://www.overstockbait.com/O-BAIT-Lil-Chuck-Panfish-Jig-p/obtlc.htm

Have you fished Loy Lake up in Denison?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum