Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Lavon - 10/25/16 08:37 PM

Had a great morning on Lavon. Kept a 3 man limit of 75 and threw back another 75-100 fish. Caught half on minnows and half on white/chart and black/chart jigs. Color didn't seem to matter. 16-25' water on the bottom, around brush and ledges.
Had some big fish today. Best Stringer I have caught of big fish in a long time. I struggled last weekend as fish were moving and I felt like I was just behind them but found them today. I have tomorrow open if anyone wants to catch a bunch of big fish. You can go to my facebook page to see pictures from today.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Lavon - 10/25/16 10:09 PM

Way to put the smack down on them Jerry!!

bow_down

thumb
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Lavon - 10/25/16 10:22 PM

Good job, Champ!

Good fishin'
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: Lavon - 10/25/16 10:53 PM

Give them a break and go hunting! Haha good job!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lavon - 10/25/16 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors
Give them a break and go hunting! Haha good job!!

He is hunting!!! Hunting for Slabzilla!!! fish

I haven't given much though to slinging arrows this year yet! Did shoot the bow some this eve!! I'm better off sticking to the slabs!! scared

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 01:11 AM

I can see my deer stand from my bed room window. Have yet to go hunt. Got a few young bucks showing up thats all. I'll go Friday morning I think. Been too mad at these fish to go hunting.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 03:42 AM

hey Jerry,any other way to see pics?
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: crope1
hey Jerry,any other way to see pics?
Here ya go Ronnie:

Posted By: SlabCatcher

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 06:18 PM

bow_down

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 07:56 PM

Well...you see that picture above by Bobcat?

Hehe...Dad and I went out with Jerry this morning. Spur of the moment trip.

Gorgeous Morning and three good ole boys from Texas decided to see if we could find some Crappie.

Of course we got to jibber jawing at the ramp and telling stories like we do here in Texas being fisherman and all. Mine was this BIG!

Had to congratulate Jerry for coming in second in State on Lewisville.

I was going to have him autograph my fishing pole but I left my Sharpie at home. I'll get it from him though!

Getting to go fishing with him was a highlight in my lifetime fishing journal for sure.

I got to fish with Jerry Hancock on 10-26-2016...and what a day it was...whew my arm is sore from hauling all them LAVON SLABZILLA's in the boat.

We dropped our first line in the water at 8am sharp and we were done at 10am with 50 Crappie in the boat!

We got a picture just like the one Bobcat posted above.

bow_down

One of the most memorable guided trips that I have ever experienced.
My father and I getting to fish with Jerry Hancock!

If you want to feel the THUMP I highly recommend giving Jerry a call. He is on the fish!!

Thanks Jerry!! Keep up the good work.

fish thumb thumb fish

YOU DA MAN!!
Posted By: CJs Bait

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 08:01 PM

I bet that was lots of fun.

Re: Lavon - 10/26/16 10:49 PM

CJ it was!!

Just spoke to Jerry an hour ago and his afternoon trip had 36 in the Livewell working on the last 14. flame

Fire up the grease.

CRAPPIE, CRAPPIE, CRAPPIE!!

What are you waiting on? Give Jerry a holler!!

cheer partyon partyon

Re: Lavon - 10/27/16 12:58 AM

Thanks HOGON, really enjoyed you and your dad. Was a fun trip.
Took us almost 3 hours this sfternoon for a 2 man limit. Lots of big fish showing up right now on Lavon. Got 2 trips tomorrow so hope I can duplicate last 2 days.
Posted By: Dutch1947

Re: Lavon - 10/28/16 03:07 AM

Times 2 what HOGON said. Best Guide Trip I have ever had. I wish I could go again tomorrow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum