Texas Fishing Forum

LBJ

Posted By: Harleyrockstar

LBJ - 10/25/16 12:26 AM

Fished LBJ today from 9 am to 1 pm. Water temps are finally out of the 80's and my graph was reading 77 degrees. I was hoping for a meat haul cause the freezer is empty and went off in search of some slabs. Fished brush piles, points, coves, river channel and shallow and not one stinking crappie. Caught one channel cat to save the skunk but was really surprised I could not get on them.

I post my reports good or bad and hope everyone else had a better day catching. The weather was absolutely perfect, there were no wakeboard boats and I had no other issues so it was a good day!
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: LBJ - 10/25/16 12:31 AM

Sound like a normal day for me. Hope you do better next time. People who do not catch a lot have a catch phrase "It was just good to get out and do something different" loco_2
Posted By: leanin post

Re: LBJ - 10/25/16 02:10 AM

ive heard its been slow on LBJ and Granger. did u see any shad near the banks?
Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Re: LBJ - 10/25/16 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
ive heard its been slow on LBJ and Granger. did u see any shad near the banks?

I did not see any shad and the only fish I marked were tight to the bottom. Probably catfish because they had thick arches on the sonar.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: LBJ - 10/25/16 03:31 PM

if Granger had a fall turnover, the baitfish and crappie likely went into the rivers. They may come back out, due to the warm temps right now, but they will go back there. time to consider seasonal migration patterns and routes. shad can move alot, but the crappie are never too far away. when you see mass congregations of birds diving near river mouths and channel mouths, the shad and crappie are usually gathering in that area, easing thier way in. once you locate them, timing the feed is key. they may only feed for an hour or 2 a day, and they are done. break o day and break o dawn is usually the main feed times in late fall and winter. you may want to check out PRIME TIMES FISHING PREDICTOR. It sure made a believer out of me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum