Texas Fishing Forum

BELTON alive and well

Posted By: leanin post

BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 12:03 AM

I went out again today planning to go back to the spots I had been doing well, then decided to try some new stuff, and man im sure glad I did, I hit three spots I had marked last time out but hadnt fished, and found another spot today that was magnificent and finished my limit . I also caught a beautiful smallmouth and several largemouth. One of the smaller largemouth spit out a partially digested plastic lizard when it landed on the floor of my boat. I think many species of fish, regurgitate partially digested food, for new, fresh undigested food at times. I was using lightwire hooks and the small to medium minnows worked the best sprayed with a shot of bang shad spray. 17 to 26 feet of water was best for me. water temp is 78.8 degrees and the crappie are slamming the bait.
I decided today I would just fly by instinct., the plan was to not really have a plan. just fish, and let my sense tell me where to go. sometimes we over think it, and defeat ourselves. just fish .!!! With alot of the flooding and drought conditions these lakes go thru changes., and dont forget natural changes like turnover, I feel like part of the lake is turning over right now,. and the mid to south part soon to turn as the thermocline is getting deeper. as the thermocline goes deeper, so will the fish sometimes.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 12:28 AM

thumb
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 12:55 AM

clap
Nice job, bet you had a great time.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 05:06 AM

LP give me a call in the morning lol! I got something to share with you, Waco Kid came down Friday and I took him to a few spots and boy it was on you were right about the deeper water, who would of known?! lol.

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 01:06 PM

and they shall even deeper go!!!
Posted By: Cvillemudcat

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 03:17 PM

Those are some Slabz, Nice!

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 04:17 PM

some of the thickest fish Ive seen come out of belton. the freezer fills up fast when your on em like that. fish
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/10/16 10:31 PM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/11/16 03:57 AM

Nice haul. Good job. thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/11/16 04:39 AM

wtg Steve!
Posted By: DryBass

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/11/16 01:23 PM

Great Job Steve.

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/11/16 02:18 PM

something else im realizing,,,, if the lunch truck is in the are(shad schools). big crappie dont mind sharing cover and structure with big bass at all. I believe sometimes they may get eaten but its all part of life in the lake. Ive read that crappie are likely genetically related to largemouth and sunfish, so maybe once crappie get larger, and older, they more mimic largemouth and become someone more solitary at times.
Posted By: koobycrappie

Re: BELTON alive and well - 10/12/16 03:29 AM

I'm glad to see that! Great catch!
flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum