Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Lavon - 10/09/16 03:57 PM

It has been a pretty tough week on Lavon with wind and this front. We have managed 25-40 keepers a trip but have had to work for them. The shallow bite has disappeared for me and have found the best numbers in 17-19' brush/submerged timber and better fish have been on the bottom. Bouncing a jig off the bottom has produced bites when nothing else has. Tried minnows, different colors, nibbles anything but a white and chart jig fished slowly still put the fish in the boat better than the rest.
Water temps 71-78
if your not catching fish move. Change depths, changing areas on the lake sometimes makes all the difference. I watched a boat fish 25 trees yesterday and never catch a fish. It only takes a few with no bites for me to leave. I try a few good shallow spots and if I dont get bit I'm going deeper until I find a depth holding fish. Make note of subtle things. Yesterday we found more fish on stuff on the edge of rougher water. Completely sheltered spots didn't produce like stuff that was just on the edge barely protected enough to fish.
Pay attention and piece the puzzle together on tough days. That can be difference between no fish and a decent trip. I have to work hard because I can't throw my hands up and blame it on wind or they aren't biting. I do not allow myself to have a give up day. They are always biting somewhere you just have to find them.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lavon - 10/09/16 04:55 PM

Solid!!
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Lavon - 10/09/16 05:12 PM

Great post! It has been tough this week. Being able to find and catch fish when others can't separates the men from the boys! cheers
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Lavon - 10/09/16 08:10 PM

Nice report!
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Lavon - 10/10/16 12:16 AM

"I do not allow myself to have a give up day. They are always biting somewhere you just have to find them." clap
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Lavon - 10/10/16 01:52 PM

Good info Jerry!!!!!
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Lavon - 10/10/16 02:42 PM

Good info, kinda reminded me of myself last time out when I fished trees at Lake Graham the whole day, caught 3 keepers. Did not realize I should of given up much sooner on the trees and looked elsewhere for them. Next time I will quit fishing and continue looking for them with my electronics. Thanks
Posted By: SLABmeSILLY

Re: Lavon - 10/10/16 04:56 PM

Nice report Jerry.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum