Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance problem???

Posted By: Slewfoot

Lowrance problem??? - 10/03/16 11:48 PM

I know this is kinda like complaining about too much money but I guess yesterday we reached the limits of my Gen 2 HDS 12 and it will no longer mark a waypoint. I saw some stuff today I couldn't save because the graph is full. I deleted a lot of junk waypoints but still don't have enough space I guess? Can still mark on the Gen 3 on the bow but that doesn't help with scouting?? Any suggestions??
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 12:01 AM

Buy another new one. You got money!

Seriously save them all to an SD card. Make sure they are there. Then find a way to divide them by lake. Save them on an individual card. Pop in the card you need for the lake you are going to. When you finish fishing load the new waypoints on that lakes card.

don't know how to do that but I heard of a guy doing that before on another forum.
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 01:30 AM

I save each lake. Alot better.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 02:27 AM

Buy another Gen 3 for console. Your HDS will run off the Gen 3. You can run full side scan on the HDS then. I rigged this up on my rig last month. It's sick Todd.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 11:53 AM

Send me all your way points and I will consolidate them for you.

Let's start with the Lake Lewisville ones first.

thumb
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro

thumb

thumb thumb roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: cellis

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: red snappa

thumb

thumb thumb roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

roflmao
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 12:37 PM

I have heard of someone that can divide them by lakes. Wish they would post a how to for dummies. Just sayin I could use the help
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 02:36 PM

When you go into your files-waypoints-export. You can pull up an area, stretch the box around the lake and transfer just those waypoints. Or say, several lakes or a say East Texas, etc.

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 03:18 PM

thumb

You don;t want anything I got there! Or not much of it anyways!! Course I'm gonna get one more day there hopefully, and I eliminated ALOT of water yesterday!! thumb

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
When you go into your files-waypoints-export. You can pull up an area, stretch the box around the lake and transfer just those waypoints. Or say, several lakes or a say East Texas, etc.

I think i've heard somebody else do this too! Have to dig my books out and try this. I just hope this is whats wrong. I found some stuff I liked yesterday and when I touched it on the screen and tried to save it as a waypoint it would say waypoint created but it wouldn't put a cursor on the screen. I could however save a waypoint on the Gen 3 on the bow and it would put a cursor on the back graph? Thanks for the help!!

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 03:45 PM

How many waypoints do you have loaded in that thing????? flame If there is a time that you can call and I can sit in my boat, I can tell you exactly how to do it if need be!

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 04:04 PM

Todd - get a program called EasyGPS (it's a free download) on your computer. You can download all your waypoints on to your computer and then separate them by lake and save them as a .usr file for each lake. Then when you go to a specific lake, just load that lake's waypoints. Save and update the EasyGPS each time you are done to save any additional waypoints. I have over 4300 waypoints saved this way for various lakes. Plus, now all your waypoints are saved should something happen to your FF. You could also email a friend a lake's waypoints (let's use Palestine for example) to a friend if you wanted to. Just saying......

When are you coming in for the tournament? I could show you how to do it when you are in town.

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 04:15 PM

There you go Todd!!!! Once again......problem solved with the help of the TFF brain bank!!!!!
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 04:20 PM

Todd - get a program called EasyGPS (it's a free download) on your computer. You can download all your waypoints on to your computer and then separate them by lake and save them as a .usr file for each lake. Then when you go to a specific lake, just load that lake's waypoints. Save and update the EasyGPS each time you are done to save any additional waypoints. I have over 4300 waypoints saved this way for various lakes. Plus, now all your waypoints are saved should something happen to your FF. You could also email a friend a lake's waypoints (let's use Palestine for example) to a friend if you wanted to. Just saying......

When are you coming in for the tournament? I could show you how to do it when you are in town.

Show him after the tournament. I'm tired of him needing a forklift to carry all his fish to the weigh in line.

Re: Lowrance problem??? - 10/04/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave

Show him after the tournament. I'm tired of him needing a forklift to carry all his fish to the weigh in line.

Easy Davedave, I'm trying to get some Palestine waypoints out of him for next year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum