Texas Fishing Forum

Not my day...

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Not my day... - 10/03/16 12:59 AM

All last 10 days I hammered the big Crappie. Today was my day to be the nail.
I probably caught 20 fish with 6 or 7 small keepers but Rick and Guy hammered big fish all morning. I mean BIG fish. They probably landed at least 50
1#-1.75# fish. Once when the bite was hot I went an hour without a bite then caught a little sandbass, a small bass and a bluegill.

Fortunately for me we had a camera mishap and nothing viewable was recorded so I guess it didn't really happen. (Prove it) grin

The upcoming tournament should be great. Rick & Guy could have laid 12# on the scales today.

Sunrise was spectacular again today.
Posted By: Mac817

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 01:13 AM

Hang in there Ernest! I've had days like that. I call it "my turn in the barrel"! lol!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 01:46 AM

You got to go fishing and your still above dirt!! Those are my criteria for a good day!!! Beats the alternative! thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 01:48 AM

clap
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 02:47 AM

Suggestion Ernest when that happens next time. Simply hit the jog 5' button on your MotorGuide Xi5 remote. Problem solved.... roflmao
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 11:18 AM

It truly was a day to remember. In fact, it was probably the best day of crappie fishing that I've ever had in 72+ years. It started out much like any other day, a few here and a few there. Then at about 10:00, somebody threw the switch and it was on like donkey kong....well, for Rick and I anyway. Everywhere we stopped was just better than the spot before, and the spot before was fantastic. But I've gotta say that Ernest and I have fished together for over 20 years and we talk trash at each other all the time, but yesterday I was saying a silent prayer asking that he just get bit, cause I know how that feels. Rick and I could do not wrong and Ernest could do no right. No idea why.

But, for those of you that are fishing the TSCC in two weeks....you will be fishing "the best lake" in North Texas at this time. In fact, I've never experienced Lewisville any better than it is right now for really big, quality fish. The lake is at 77 degrees now and will just get better as it cools even further. There is no doubt in my mind that it will take 20-24 lbs for two days to just get in the top five. God only knows what it will take to win......
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Not my day... - 10/03/16 05:33 PM

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Not my day... - 10/04/16 12:29 AM

Sounds fun! Guess I need to get back over there. Was not impressed last time.. I mighta had 7 pounds on 28 keepers I had bang

Was going to go tomorrow but I'm hammering the Big Bass on Lavon right now.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Not my day... - 10/04/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
Sounds fun! Guess I need to get back over there. Was not impressed last time.. I mighta had 7 pounds on 28 keepers I had bang

Today beat me like a drum!!! Heck we struggled to find s ramp that was open!! Fishing was brutal today. We managed 6 keepers. Two were nice though. The got stuck on 635 waiting on a stalled 18 wheeler to clear. Then got home and saw the trailer was missing a bearing buddy!!! Always something!! On the flip side I eliminated a lot of water!! Will get one more day on the lake before the tourney hopefully!! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum