Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lavon

Posted By: MeanGreenSlayer

Lake Lavon - 09/22/16 07:47 PM

Going to lavon for the first time tomorrow with some friends. How's it looking out there fellas?
Posted By: HTDUCK

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/22/16 08:31 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Lavon has been good to us this summer.
Here of late we're catching a lot of short fish though.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/22/16 08:59 PM

Welcome to the forum.Wish you the best of luck.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/22/16 09:24 PM

You should do good on timber and brush in the 10-20ft range. Shallower stuff earlier and deeper stuff later.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 02:17 AM

Fishing is good. Big fish have really starting showing up last week. Im starting out in 5-10' water on timber/stumps early and move out to 14-17' submerged timber/brush later in the day. White/chart will get you bit. Fish are mid lake and south. Don't waste your time north of Tickey or north of Brockdale area.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 02:30 AM

Jerry,
Also planning on trying Lavon soon and appreciate the info. Do they prefer hand-tied or plastic jigs? Thx.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 11:59 AM

I use plastics but they will bite both
Posted By: Buz

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 12:01 PM

Welcome to the forum.....
Posted By: dustinmoorman

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 02:35 PM

Welcome to the forum. cool
Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 03:16 PM

Welcome to the forum... there are no fish in Lavon I would stay away!!! roflmao

PS.
This reply is completely untrue except for the welcome part! LOL

JZ
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/23/16 05:40 PM

welcome
Posted By: ABomb

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/24/16 10:37 AM

Mean Green... Consider the value of tuition if you ask Jerry Hancock to show you how. Beside the lesson, you'll have fish to bring home.

Welcome to your new addiction.

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/24/16 08:41 PM

Well tried my luck today and only had a few sandies and small crappie, but better than getting skunked........wind was brutal for me.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/24/16 08:43 PM

Fishing was great this morning. I don't normally post in the crappie section. Hang out in the whites hybrids section mainly. Wanted to fill the freezer a bit with some crappie since it's the wife's favorite so I switched it up this morning. Got out at sun up and fished till 11. Started in 6-9 fow early and moved out to 10-13 later in the morning. Started with jigs got 8 dinks and 2 nice keepers. We bought 1/4lbs of minnows from leroys so I switched to minnows after that. Might as well use them and not waste em. Ended the days with 12 nice keepers 11-15 inches. Threw back twice as many unders...Fished thumped the minnows pretty hard today. All in timber. Hope this helps a few of ya. Sorry bout no pics, had to clean them fast cut grass and get back inside to help the wife with the kids. Tight lines all......

Re: Lake Lavon - 09/24/16 10:07 PM

WTG Coachzee....sounds like my wife and you better get them happy!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum