Texas Fishing Forum

Had some time to kill

Posted By: Sigav8r

Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 08:40 PM

Well maybe not really time to kill so much as a burning desire to go feel a thump! Went out to Twin Coves Marina over lunch today and fished from 11:45-2:30. Long shot I know being the middle of the day but I needed some time to fish and relax! Caught about a dozen dinks in the slips. Not bad for lunch time bite! Caught a 2lb flathead and one ditch pickle. All fish taken 8-12ft deep. Fished a variety of "Texas lures". Bonehead stump bug, thermocline 1.5in tadpole, and Crazy Angler Slab Bandits. All caught fish. Most came off of The tadpole however. Ditch pickle liked the stump bug. Cat went for the tadpole. Definitely got some relaxation though out of it! Very much what I needed. Fall is almost here and it'll be time to catch them there before long. Would much rather take my boat out, but that will tie me over for a little while.
Posted By: Thunderbolt

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 08:43 PM

cheers

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 10:50 PM

Today is turning out to be a very productive day! I just hooked up my new Striker 7 on the bow to the 73SV on the console so they can share waypoints! Just turned them on and all 1000+ waypoints appeared on the Striker! Now if I could only find time to take the boat to the lake! Open seats hopefully in the future if anyone can get free during the day. I can typically get in a few hours over lunch during the week.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 10:52 PM

Any time is a good time on the water. Glad you made it out! thumb
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 11:27 PM

Sounds like you're getting your ducks all in a row!
Even dinks can be a BLESSING!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/13/16 11:37 PM

good report and a very nice gesture.

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/14/16 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Sounds like you're getting your ducks all in a row!
Even dinks can be a BLESSING!

Definitely beats staring at a computer! Getting skunked is still a blessing because at least I got to fish! Now I'm trying to find a time to go play with the new toys and learn the lake a little more! Next up is ordering some copper mine!
Posted By: ACES82

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/14/16 01:57 AM

Good time. A nice day to be on the water to! I gotta get out and go the next day or 2 or works gonna drive me to drinking even more then i already do. Lol.
Posted By: Crappie Bait

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/14/16 02:43 AM

GREAT JOB ! ENJOY LIFE WHEN YOU CAN

Re: Had some time to kill - 09/14/16 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Crappie Bait
GREAT JOB ! ENJOY LIFE WHEN YOU CAN
. Waiting On you to come back down and fish with me! Always more enjoyable when you can share it with friends!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum