Texas Fishing Forum

Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor

Posted By: fishing_ken

Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/06/16 05:09 PM

To buy or not to buy.... a graph with side imaging for the trolling motor. I know a few of the side imaging transducer are fairly large, and for that reason some suggest not to mount them on the tm. Has anyone done this.. what are the advantages and disadvantages to having side imaging on the trolling motor?
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/06/16 05:25 PM

I've installed a Humminbird SI/DI transducer on a Minn Kota and on my Xi5 that I have now. Make sure to use a Transducer Shield and you shouldn't have any problems. SI is the only way to go, unless you have your units networked.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/06/16 05:27 PM

Humminbird transducers are simple to mount to your trolling motor with the transducer shield and saver brackets. Lowrance structurescan transducer can also be mounted to the trolling motor but are a bit more cumbersome.

Side image works very well at the bow. You have to understand that when ever you turn the motor head the image will skew so keeping it straight and moving forward you will be successful with SI on the bow.

I have SI on my trolling motor....
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/07/16 12:49 AM

Thanks... thats what I needed to know!One of my biggest problems is pinpointing my target after I've thrown a buoy marker and moved to the trolling motor. I believe sides scan can take away some of the guess work..
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/07/16 01:20 AM

I have it on my TM running a Lowrance LSS transducer on a XI5. I use the built-in sonar for 2d. It helps so much.. Go for it..
Posted By: Tgh523

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/07/16 03:19 PM

Can you show how you installed the si trandcuer on the XI5. I running a xi5 and wanting to put a elite 7 TI up front with the dual trandcuer. Just wondering the best install method.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Side Imaging on the Trolling Motor - 09/07/16 09:37 PM

360 is all you need thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum